Texas Hunting Forum

Under armor...

Posted By: Cleric

Under armor... - 08/21/16 06:13 PM

So let make see if I understand this....

Under armor sponsor a women hunter. She wears there stuff and they market.

Her husband kills a bear with a spear

The Internet erupts in anger

Under armor drops the hunter for her husbands actions
Posted By: JCB

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 06:17 PM

Man has been killing animals with spears for centuries. Someone needs to tell Under Armor.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 06:32 PM

Is she hot?
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 06:33 PM

Dumbest thing ever. Legal means of hunting. I see no wrong there other than liberal idiots and anti hunters doing what they do best.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 06:46 PM

How big was the bear and photos of the spear?

BiL, I need to know the above before how hot the wife is. cheers
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 07:13 PM

Pandering to the whiners. So few people have a spine anymore. The same people would whine if I killed a Mule deer at 500 yards, with a rifle.

I've never used their gear, anyways. F-em.
Posted By: spg

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 09:45 PM

Never used their clothes, mostly hunt out of a box so camo is irrelevant. Most of my hunting funds are spent on guns/ammo, optics, and fuel. However, just made a mental note to pass on all UA products. They need to loosen their belt and let their manhood drop.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Under armor... - 08/21/16 11:59 PM

North Face stuff is better for cold weather. I don't own any UA or North Face.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 12:07 AM

Screw them. Won't do any business with them until they grow a pair. You can't sell hunting gear and get mad when someone makes a lethal and ethical kill. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if bow hunting will be next if there is this kind of outrage over this.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 01:08 AM

It's alright fellas, you can still buy their camouflaged gear with the neon yellow logos and zippers.

I wonder how long it will be before someone gets their panties in a wad about Yeti products that keep caught fish cold since the fish were killed by fishermen?

At some point the pandering to the hot topic of the day nonsense has to stop.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Is she hot?

Yes.

She is actually the sponsored athlete, not him.

UA craved to the anti's pretty cut and dry IMO.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 02:15 AM

I will say the video seems weird. My first thought when I heard the spear was wow that seems ineffective. Than I saw the spear and realized he has been training for this, so that made a difference.

I am just surprised ua would sponsor a hunter for they don't like hunting
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 02:20 AM

Change.org petition to have UA reinstate them is going on now.

https://www.change.org/p/under-armour-br...t=copylink_long
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 02:42 AM

Who actually cares, I have never been swayed by any actual celebrity endorsement, I put more stock in the average joe who forks his money out, if it passes his test, I am going to give it a look see myself.

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
I will say the video seems weird. My first thought when I heard the spear was wow that seems ineffective. Than I saw the spear and realized he has been training for this, so that made a difference.

I am just surprised ua would sponsor a hunter for they don't like hunting

UA know the hunt was going on. They (UA)had some of the training video's on instragram. Purely pulled based on Anti feedback.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 06:20 AM

Never used UA stuff.

Now I have a reason not to try it.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Under armor... - 08/22/16 08:52 PM

When UA first hit the market in the late 90s, our HS coach swindled us some shirts. Wearing it under shoulder pads it was amazingly cool; tons better than cotton tee-shirts. I had an extra shirt in my hunting bag during the '96 hunting season and thought I would give it a try as a base layer. Equally impressed then.

I have been wearing their products up until recently when brand/product placement trumped concealment.

There are plenty of knockoffs out there that do as good a job as UA. I'm done with them.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Under armor... - 08/23/16 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
There are plenty of knockoffs out there that do as good a job as UA. I'm done with them.

And those same type of fabrics were around before UA. Nothing special about it, UA just made it mainstream. So glad I never got on the UA bandwagon. Used to be because of the ridiculous prices. Now, there are other reasons.
Posted By: crash700

Re: Under armor... - 08/23/16 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Pandering to the whiners. So few people have a spine anymore. The same people would whine if I killed a Mule deer at 500 yards, with a rifle.

I've never used their gear, anyways. F-em.

Very well stated, we have a nation of, well, I won't use the language that best describes them. Spineless fits the description. I don't use underarmour because they are over priced and not up to the hype. Definitely won't touch it now!
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Under armor... - 08/23/16 08:53 PM

They stood by Phil Robertson and the DC guys when all that hit the fan a few years ago. I gave them credit for that.

This one was a legal hunt, which I get, and they shouldn't freak out about it. At the same time, a lot can go wrong chunking a spear. It's on the lower end of "ethical" for me. I wouldn't do it. But if UA is going to be in on legal hunting, they need to be in on all legal hunting.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 05:15 PM

#Capitalism

I love UA stuff and will continue to buy it. I don't care what hunters they do/don't support.

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: DocHorton
#Capitalism

I love UA stuff and will continue to buy it. I don't care what hunters they do/don't support.

The outrage isn't who they sponsor or don't sponsor. It's the press release that's states legal hunting as reckless and unethical.

What's next calling flooded crops for duck hunting unethical or feeders, or traditional archery equipment?
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
#Capitalism

The outrage isn't who they sponsor or don't sponsor. It's the press release that's states legal hunting as reckless and unethical.

What's next calling flooded crops for duck hunting unethical or feeders, or traditional archery equipment?

Hunting a bear with a spear, however legal it may be, is perhaps the very definition of reckless. And quite frankly, aside from throwing a rock, is probably the least ethical way to legally kill an animal. Ethics is determined by the individual, or in this case, by the company. For instance, same sex marriage is legal, but I think it's unethical. Others obviously disagree. Just because something is legal doesn't make it ethical.

What some are doing on this forum by expressing outrage and threatening to boycott UA is no different than the liberals who are doing the same thing.

Different strokes for different folks....I've learned to not care what others are doing when it doesn't affect me or it will drive me crazy.

And btw, I watched the video of the bear kill when it was on tv a month or two ago and thought it was damn cool. Tim Wells has been killing things with spears for years and nobody cares. I don't have anything against it.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 08:33 PM

No matter one's take on the issue, I am seriously doubting that hunting bears with a spear is going to become a widespread phenomenon....
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 09:05 PM

UA had youtube videos posted promoting the hunt showing the guy practicing with the spear. So it's not like he just picked up a spear and decided to try it. And it's not like UA didn't know about it before hand. Plenty of people hunt bears with spears and plenty of them make a clean ethical kill. His shot was apparently a little off but it still made the kill. I think hunting a bear with a spear takes skill and balls and hunters have done it for thousands of years. It's their choice to drop their sponsorship due to public pressure. It's our choice if we want to buy their stuff or not.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 09:16 PM

THEIR STUFF ISNT MADE FOR "PORTLY" HUNTERS

so I don't buy
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Under armor... - 08/24/16 09:20 PM

Yep I agree with Buzzsaw so therefore neither do I buy their products!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum