Texas Hunting Forum

Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake

Posted By: Mickey Moose

Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 02:55 PM

Ordered: https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/products-page/muzzlebrakes/little-bastard-brake/

\o/

Should be here Saturday. Will go on a Sako A7 300WM.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 03:48 PM

Good choice. I run his Fat Bastard on my 308 Win and 300 WM, and it tames the recoil very well.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 04:06 PM

Everyone is going to hate you.

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Good choice. I run his Fat Bastard on my 308 Win and 300 WM, and it tames the recoil very well.

I debated between the LB and FB. Curious how much difference there is between the two.

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Everyone is going to hate you.

They already do. Two reasons to stay away now - me and the brake. Thank you, I'm good with that. <grin>
Posted By: GLC

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 04:55 PM

Not to hijack the thread but I am putting together another 300 win mag. Some hunting but a lot of target shooting. Just trying to come up with a decent brake that everyone may not hate as much. I had some experience with a JP Enterprise on a .308 but don't know about it on a 300 win mag.

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GLC
Just trying to come up with a decent brake that everyone may not hate as much. I had some experience with a JP Enterprise on a .308 but don't know about it on a 300 win mag.

Hopefully you'll find value in, and linked from, http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/06/24/muzzle-brakes-field-test/.
Posted By: dee

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 05:56 PM

Why not the gen II?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 06:02 PM

Did you get the Gen 1 or Gen 2? The Gen 1 brake will need to be timed by a gun smith, and the Gen 2 has a lock nut that you can time your self.

When shooting my APA FB brake on my Sako TRG 42 in 300WM, pushing ~77+ grains of Retumbo with a 225 grain Hornady BTHP, the blast and concussion coming out the muzzle is huge!! It will not make any friends next to you, but it will make the rifle very enjoyable to shoot. I didn't get that brake to please the guy next to me.

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 08/11/16 06:18 PM

dee and ChadTRG42 - I didn't get the Gen 2 because I didn't care for the look of the lock nut. The performance is the same, yes? That is my understanding. Yes, I'm aware of timing for the Gen 1. The barrel isn't threaded so it's going in anyhow.

I don't go to public ranges and most of my target shooting and hunting is solo.

Re: Ordered: American Precision Arms Gen I Little Bastard Brake - 01/24/18 11:25 PM

Bumping this *old* thread to say...

Rifle is *finally* out for threading, thread protector and brake installation. Scott Weichel (http://www.liveoakaccuracy.com/) in Wylie is doing the work.

\o/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum