Texas Hunting Forum

NFA stamp

Posted By: BassCat'99

NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:18 AM

I know this has been asked but how long has stamp been taking? My check was cashed Feb. 15th this year?
Posted By: T Bone

Re: NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:20 AM

E-file?

Re: NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:24 AM

no, dealer submitted. I do have three other adults on my trust, that change anything?
Posted By: T Bone

Re: NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:24 AM

Either way, nfatracker will let you sort by whatever application method you used..
Posted By: cblackall

Re: NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:31 AM

It should be any day. I had a friend just get his stamp back. He applied on February 2nd.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: NFA stamp - 08/09/16 01:54 AM

6-7 months...as stated any day now!
Posted By: BCJ

Re: NFA stamp - 08/10/16 12:37 AM

I got a stamp back for my SBR Uzi yesterday, it was submitted early Feb.

And after a chop and thread
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: NFA stamp - 08/10/16 12:48 PM

I'm still waiting on one that I bought in January.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: NFA stamp - 08/11/16 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly
I'm still waiting on one that I bought in January.

Still waiting? My Form 4 was sent 1-22, got sent back for an error, and then was approved 6-29.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/11/16 02:22 AM

still waiting
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: NFA stamp - 08/11/16 08:55 PM

http://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: NFA stamp - 08/11/16 09:01 PM

I heard the Feds are REALLY looking for ANY excuse to delay these, with final plans to make it too hard to get at all.

it has already worked with me, ..
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: NFA stamp - 08/12/16 10:58 PM

Mine was Feb 17 still waiting too

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 11:00 AM

Well it finally came in. Bought silencer Jan 16, check cashed Feb 15, approved Aug 5, was ready for pickup Aug 22. Wife forgot to tell me about phone call so I finally had it in hand Aug 25.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 12:28 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Either way, nfatracker will let you sort by whatever application method you used..

NFA Tracker is a joke.........

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I heard the Feds are REALLY looking for ANY excuse to delay these, with final plans to make it too hard to get at all.

You heard? LOL I got a cousin of a cousin from a Brother in law's uncle that said the federal gov't is out to get us all....

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

You heard? LOL I got a cousin of a cousin from a Brother in law's uncle that said the federal gov't is out to get us all....

Now that's info from a source you can count on bolt
Posted By: tannerlst

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BassCat'99
Well it finally came in. Bought silencer Jan 16, check cashed Feb 15, approved Aug 5, was ready for pickup Aug 22. Wife forgot to tell me about phone call so I finally had it in hand Aug 25.

Damnit , any day now!!!!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 02:45 PM

Why is Efile for form 4's still down then?

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 07:01 PM

Not if you use it right. I used it and knew exactly when to expect my stamp.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Government programmers getting paid squat with government hours to program in what looks like Cobol on what appears to be the slowest servers the government could find. I don't even think they teach Cobol anymore.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 09:15 PM

Because anything the Fed's are running is usually not efficient. Also they did not have enough people processing paper F4's so allowing them to be filed paperless was not working or helping speed up the wait times. Silencer Shop among others filing thousands of E4's electronically using batch processing did not help either. I can go on.....

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch

Not if you use it right. I used it and knew exactly when to expect my stamp.

LOL if you use it right? LOL OK glad it worked out for you.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 09:54 PM

Because anything the Fed's are running is usually not efficient. Also they did not have enough people processing paper F4's so allowing them to be filed paperless was not working or helping speed up the wait times. Silencer Shop among others filing thousands of E4's electronically using batch processing did not help either. I can go on.....

Or it is a backdoor way to slow down approvals, and further restrict people getting stamps approved which equates to less items.

One thing the government is efficient in doing is taking people's money and I refuse to believe that if they could do it quicker and faster that they wouldn't. Those tax dollars are important to them.
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 10:57 PM

Wonder why the check wasnt cashed for a whole month?

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 11:00 PM

Did the dealer you bought the silencer from send the check to the ATF or did you?

Re: NFA stamp - 08/26/16 11:08 PM

I bought one last year and the check was cashed in 5 days. I submitted paperwork for another one back on July 5, sent it priority mail and the check was cashed on July 8th. I've never heard of it taking a month to get the check cashed. Sounds like someone may have been a little slow in sending the paperwork off.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/27/16 12:57 AM

My checks were cashed quickly once submitted. My trust has four form 4's submitted (two early February, one March, one June), and one form one (late March). No stamps yet. Contacted the ATF on the two from February today, and the lady we spoke with told us it should be any day. She said form 4's are running around six months right now. It was five months supposed turn-around when we submitted them. I prepared myself for a longer than expected wait when I made the purchase, and it's kept me sane. If you're holding on to the supposed dates, you'll go crazy. It sucks, but it is what it is. It will be that much sweeter when that expensive little piece of paper arrives.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: NFA stamp - 08/27/16 01:38 AM

I filed in June hoping for Christmas.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/27/16 08:41 AM

Or it is a backdoor way to slow down approvals, and further restrict people getting stamps approved which equates to less items.

One thing the government is efficient in doing is taking people's money and I refuse to believe that if they could do it quicker and faster that they wouldn't. Those tax dollars are important to them.

Doesn't matter if they do it fast or slow. The check is cashed within a week of them receiving it. They already got their tax dollars. There's no reason nor incentive for them to work faster. It's Government work and they are on salary. And them doing it slow doesn't mean less items for us. You'll eventually get your items. You might even buy more while you wait.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/28/16 12:45 AM

Is is not a backdoor way to slow down approvals. Approvals are at all time historic levels with NFA submissions. They get their money up front so they got the money. It is not a money problem as such as nothing is efficient when ran by the feds....

Doesn't matter if they do it fast or slow. The check is cashed within a week of them receiving it. They already got their tax dollars. There's no reason nor incentive for them to work faster. It's Government work and they are on salary. And them doing it slow doesn't mean less items for us. You'll eventually get your items. You might even buy more while you wait.
Posted By: mudd

Re: NFA stamp - 08/28/16 01:06 AM

Was told today on mine expect another 2 months. Check was cashed in late March. They r just now getting January forms back. Also guy there told me that anything after the July date is looking 12-18 months on approval they told him over the form. Sliencer Co also sent in 1400lbs worth of forms before the deadline!!

Re: NFA stamp - 08/28/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
Was told today on mine expect another 2 months. Check was cashed in late March. They r just now getting January forms back. Also guy there told me that anything after the July date is looking 12-18 months on approval they told him over the form. Sliencer Co also sent in 1400lbs worth of forms before the deadline!!

They are in mid-February now.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/28/16 08:39 PM

I've got everything I need, when I purchased using Efile the wait times were 3 months or so. Regardless, efile needs to be fixed as it has been historically light years faster.

Re: NFA stamp - 08/30/16 01:24 AM

Historically filing EF4's were faster than paper but there isn't a lot of history because it did not work for long. Honestly electronic filed F4 do not even meet the definition of an approved F4 but that is for another thread. I agree filing electronically was great but anything having to do with the federal government and building anything that has to do E Filing is broke. AKA Obummercare

I've got everything I need, when I purchased using Efile the wait times were 3 months or so. Regardless, efile needs to be fixed as it has been historically light years faster.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: NFA stamp - 09/09/16 10:25 PM

I bought a Thunder Beast 30P-1 on 1-13-16,the stamp was approved on 8-31-16,and the FFL received it today,9-9-16.
4 days shy of 8 months. The last two suppressors that I bought only took 4 months to get the stamps.
Posted By: Chickenman

Re: NFA stamp - 09/10/16 02:23 AM

I spelled Izhmash wrong on my last application. I thought it cost me 6 months when I saw the email....but it only added five days grin

Submission Date: 2015-11-24
DISAPPROVED Date: 2016-03-21
APPROVED Date: 2016-03-26
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum