Texas Hunting Forum

Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions

Posted By: Cattleman

Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/08/16 08:24 PM

Looking for a gunsmith in N Tx that will rebarrel a Tikka action. One that won't take six months .
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/08/16 08:43 PM

We are not in north Texas but we do work on Tikas and our lead time is nowhere near 6 months.
Posted By: dee

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/08/16 09:33 PM

Scott Weichel in Wylie or the guy Chad and fireman use.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/08/16 10:02 PM

Let me know what you are trying to do. I can help.
Posted By: mulish

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/08/16 10:28 PM

call S&S precision in Denton they do excellent work and I believe his turn around right now is 2 to 3 weeks.
their number is 94056 6 7001

that is if you have all your parts
Posted By: VarmintSniper30

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: mulish
call S&S precision in Denton they do excellent work and I believe his turn around right now is 2 to 3 weeks.

This right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mikael at S&S precision has been making my guns for years they are superb. Two bench guns and three hunting rifles. And he is especially quick on timing if you have all the parts. Good luck
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: dee
Scott Weichel in Wylie or the guy Chad and fireman use.

Good call, there is a good chance Scott would have a barrel in stock to turn down to your preferred profile. Live Oak Accuracy is the name of his business.

Chad and Jason have a good guy as well.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: VarmintSniper30

Mikael at S&S precision has been making my guns for years they are superb. Two bench guns and three hunting rifles. And he is especially quick on timing if you have all the parts. Good luck

I don't believe they operate under S&S name now and moved or split the operation.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 02:06 PM

I don't believe they operate under S&S name now and moved or split the operation.

Dee you might want to check your facts, yes S&S is still open .they moved to
Denton ,and Mikael is still the gunsmith there ,using the same machinery he used to build Kenny Adams barrels who won 3 national championships at 1200 yards. S&S #940 566 7001.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 03:24 PM

Dee you might want to check your facts, yes S&S is still open .they moved to
Denton ,and Mikael is still the gunsmith there ,using the same machinery he used to build Kenny Adams barrels who won 3 national championships at 1200 yards. S&S #940 566 7001.

It's been discussed here just recently unlesss something changes in the last month.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...on?#Post6384457
Posted By: Judd

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 03:32 PM

Dee...it's still S&S just working with Whitewing and Mikael owns it now. Though I'm sure Stick still has a chair with his name on it grin

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 03:35 PM

So is it S&S or white wing? GPS shows white wing the phone number is only thing that correlates to S&S.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 03:40 PM

Yes it's S&S address to he only rents there shop that is behind there main building and does some machining for them that's the only affiliation he has with white wing
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 04:02 PM

their

peep

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 04:51 PM

Maybe the word will spread then. There were posts on several messages boards of no contact or poor communication, which is a shame as they had a good reputation.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 05:41 PM

I have spoken with all the gunsmiths mentioned and I believe any can do the job I want them to do. Now to decide on one and get my barrel ordered. I am getting a K&P barrel at the recommendation of Chad Dixon of LRI. Thanks y'all for the input. I can't wait to get this thing done.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 05:44 PM

cheers

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 08:12 PM

I am curious. DEE , I would like to see all these so-called threads you are talking about. The thread you mentioned above addressed all these questions you ask so why are you bringing them up again. Did you not read the thread or do you have some other agenda.I just don't like seeing a quality gun shop and gunsmith be besmirched for no good reason.S&S has done my rifles for years and have just recently had two more done they are all of excellent quality and in a timely fashion when the parts are available.

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 10:11 PM

Easy there hot rod no need to get your panties in a twist. There were several posts on various boards about getting in contact. It was obviously after the sell out and move. I have nothing against them as I have never used them but have recommended them previously. I doubt I will use them but that's not a dig at them or their work I just prefer to my location.
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 10:21 PM

the guy Chad and fireman use.

Pump your brakes kid. I need him to build my Creedmoor first. No distractions please

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/09/16 11:23 PM

LOL!!!

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/10/16 11:36 AM

Posted By: BWH_65

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/23/16 05:39 PM

I can certainly tell you what you shouldn't do based on my less than stellar experience

Re: Gunsmith in N TX that works on Tikka actions - 08/23/16 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BWH_65
I can certainly tell you what you shouldn't do based on my less than stellar experience
up
Trust me I'm not . I'm going to go direct to the man that does the work.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum