Texas Hunting Forum

Fabarm shotgns

Posted By: magspa

Fabarm shotgns - 07/31/16 01:31 PM

Have any of yal shot them? I never heard of them until recently any the look pretty good.plus they offer lefty models which is a plus for me. Any reviews will be appreciated.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 07/31/16 01:39 PM

They seem like a quality product but I personally did not care for them. I shot a field model a couple of weeks ago at a wolf chase. I did not like the left mounted bolt release, although I realize a person can get used to anything it he just gives it time. It shot and pointed very well but it just didn't feel like "home" to me.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 07/31/16 03:08 PM

I've had my L4S for almost a year. Had a better recoil pad installed and the stock shortened. It is my favorite shotgun now and I own quite a few.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 07/31/16 10:02 PM

I'm going to give the L4S a try. Could not find one with a 26" barrel so had to order it. Should be in in a couple weeks. Just hope it will cycle low brass reliably as they represent it to.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 08/01/16 12:09 AM

The one I shot did fine with the low brass loads.
Posted By: booradley

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 08/01/16 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: arandy
I'm going to give the L4S a try. Could not find one with a 26" barrel so had to order it. Should be in in a couple weeks. Just hope it will cycle low brass reliably as they represent it to.

I couldn't find one with a 26" barrel either. Most of my shotguns have 26" barrels and I have extended Trulock or Carlson's chokes for them. I'm using the factory flush chokes in my L4S so the difference in effective barrel length is much less than two inches. The factory chokes are as advertised - fantastic.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 08/02/16 01:55 AM

Great clays guns for a modest price
Posted By: magspa

Re: Fabarm shotgns - 08/03/16 12:33 AM

Ive also been checking out their over/unders. I like that they'll make the stock with a cast for lefthanded shooter. I see they offer the receiver with an ergal 55 material, some type of aluminum alloy. Makes it 11 ounces light but I wonder if its worth it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum