Texas Hunting Forum

Looking For a CCW

Posted By: mikeydon

Looking For a CCW - 06/24/16 11:50 PM

I'm looking for a ccw, got it narrowed down to the cz 75b or the glock 19,Looking for some experience with these 2 weapons popcorn .

Thank's in advance
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/25/16 12:06 AM

I love CZ 75 and the various clones. I generally carry a Canik c-100 which is a clone of the 75 compact, but with an alloy frame. One thing to consider though is that a CZ 75b will be quite a bit heavier than a G19.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/25/16 12:42 AM

I'd try to shoot them both and decide from there. Personally I prefer the glock but that's what I have always used.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/25/16 01:03 AM

I'd go with some sort of single stack; g43, xds, Shield, lcp.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/25/16 01:06 AM

I shot the Cz that a friend owned and I must say I was surprised how fast I could knock down the targets. Very little recoil due to the slim slide height, and great ergonomics for somebody that likes Sigs and hates Glocks.
Posted By: McKinneyHusker

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/26/16 10:47 PM

I'll second okstatefan's comments on the Caniks, also have the C-100. Best value for your money, if you are thinking about the CZ. It will also take the CZ mags.

For a single stack, smaller pistol, again great value for your dollar look at the S&W Shield in 9mm.
Posted By: Earl

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/28/16 04:29 AM

I bought a Springfield Armory XDS in .45 ACP but to be honest, I've not carried it yet. I invariably grab my Ruger LC9s Pro 9mm and just carry it in my front pocket in a Sticky holster...works for me anyways.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Looking For a CCW - 06/29/16 03:21 PM

If you haven't already decided. Look at the xds in 9mm.
I bought a glock 19 in hopes that i would carry it and it was too large for me.
I decided on the xds because of the grip safety, There are many single stack 9's out there 2cents
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum