Texas Hunting Forum

Calling glock guys. What did I buy?

Posted By: EasyMoney

Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 03:15 AM

Hey I went and bought 2 glocks today one of them being a glock 21. It has a nickel boron slide and stainless steel barrel. The mag release is not a stock one. It has a post then a large round button and the slide release is a stainless steel that is not like my other glocks. I can't get pics to load. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a glock special thing or if someone did the work. It was used and used meaning it's had less than 10 rounds down the barrel.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 03:20 AM

I think Talo made some special editions with the stainless/nickel boron slides. The barrel sounds like maybe an aftermarket. The mag release and slide release were probably just added by the guy, they're very easy to change out.
Posted By: Fishing Fester

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 03:24 AM

Sounds like a zev-tech mag release. That and the slide stop sound aftermarket. Like Kroyal said, easy to install, and uninstall.

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 03:33 AM

I wasn't sure if it was something glock had done or not. I do some research and saw some fail zero coatings which is what mine looks like

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 05:57 AM

I went home and looked at it closer the barrel the slide and the number in front of the trigger guard are all the same number some I'm assuming the stainless steel barrel come from glock. I'm just trying to figure out what I have. I think I got a pretty good deal on both glocks but this one is the first glock I've had that's not just a regular old glock and this is my 6th glock so I'm by no means a pro on glocks

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 06:13 AM

Tore the thing apart it was driving me crazy. I found ghost inc stamped on the trigger parts and slide release as well on the recoil spring found a zev tech titanium firing pin safety a zev tech mag release along with tru glo TFO steel tritium sights. Along with the nickle boron finish and stainless steel barrel what would ya think it would be worth?
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 11:43 AM

450-500 tops. Mods don't really equal money in most cases. But does make them shoot even better.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 01:01 PM

I'm certainly no expert but I don't think Glock ever put out a factory produced product in anything but their proprietary tennifer finish. I've always understood that the finish and simplicity of design is what they believe is the main reasons for their reliability.

But then again I haven't bought a glock in over 7 years.

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 01:08 PM

Yea, it is the TALO special EXO version. They cost, or did cost $580 new so like JHenderson said $450-$500 value.

Quote:
Glock EXO Project

TALO is producing a number of Glock models with Fail Zero coated slides & barrels coated.

About EXO Technology

EXO Technology is a patented, nickel-boron coating from UCT Coatings, Inc. EXO Technology provides a hard, durable surface (40% harder than Chrome) and permanent lubricity to metal substrates, allowing firearms to operate without oil or grease. EXO coated components last longer, clean up easier, and require minimal maintenance, while increasing reliability in harsh environments (sand/dust, hot/cold, suppressed fire, frangible ammunition).

Certain models also feature Ameriglo night sights. Program began shipping December 2010 and will continue in 2011. The number & models of Glocks has not been finalized

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 05:50 PM

Good info thanks guys. I paid $420 for it and I just noticed that it has the "SF" stamp on the frame so it's a 21sf. Didn't know what I was buying other than a glock 21.

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EasyMoney
Good info thanks guys. I paid $420 for it and I just noticed that it has the "SF" stamp on the frame so it's a 21sf. Didn't know what I was buying other than a glock 21.

I'd say its a good buy for $420 for sure. I don't think they make them anymore so keep it a good while and you might be able to sell for more than you bought it.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 11:09 PM

I would like to learn the technique to know it has been fired less than 10 times.
Posted By: joshbenavides

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/21/16 11:29 PM

What you have is probably a Nib-x coating. I've got a few myself in 19 and 26. I may be wrong but I think the EXO was only on 19s and 23s.
On mine , the color has started to change some. Sometimes it starts to look dull so I just hit it with some red scotchbrite a few times and it cleans up well. Enjoy
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/411547173/redirect

Re: Calling glock guys. What did I buy? - 06/22/16 04:12 AM

Just what I was told. I can tell there has been very little shots fired through this gun. They said it was less than 10 shots prob cause the original seller told them that. I'm guessing that's the technique they used by taking the sellers word
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum