Texas Hunting Forum

Would you make a trade

Posted By: okstatefan

Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 08:00 PM

There is possibly an opportunity to trade my Daniel Defense M4V1 for an M1A Scout Squad. Assuming that accessories could even the deal, is it a trade that you would make personally.

As a note, I have a few other AR15 rifles in 5.56 as well as an M&P 10 in .308.
Posted By: RCINTX

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 08:09 PM

All depends on what you want. The M1A Scout Squad's don't do it for me, so personally I wouldn't make the trade. Value is what either are worth to you. Sounds like it wouldn't be a bad deal if you have several other AR's and like the M1A.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 08:16 PM

I wouldn't, I'm guessing in a few months that DD will be made of gold. Although the M1A is more powerful and an auto loader as well, they aren't as black and scary as AR15's are.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 09:10 PM

I would not do it because while Garands and M1As have a certain appeal, they're just too danged heavy. But that's for me and based on what I like to own and use.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 09:32 PM

I would. I'd prefer to have a full sized m1a though.
Posted By: slayer12

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 09:38 PM

You could sell me your DD I am about to purchase one.
I wouldn't trade I had a M1A scout and did not like it one bit.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: slayer12
You could sell me your DD I am about to purchase one.
I wouldn't trade I had a M1A scout and did not like it one bit.

If I ever sell it, I'll let you know.

I'm going to follow some of the above advice and not respond the trade listing. Heck, I've never even fired any variant of an M1A. I might want to do that before considering to own one.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 10:23 PM

M1a can be fun but not for everyone. A lot heavier at least mine is. Weighs in around 13-15 loaded. Not fun to tote around.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 11:01 PM

I only trade up otherwise I'll just buy.
Posted By: BushFamilyNine

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/15/16 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: okstatefan
There is possibly an opportunity to trade my Daniel Defense M4V1 for an M1A Scout Squad. Assuming that accessories could even the deal, is it a trade that you would make personally.

As a note, I have a few other AR15 rifles in 5.56 as well as an M&P 10 in .308.

You already have one loud, short barreled 308 rifle with that M&P10, the Scout will be more of the same. The M1A in National Match configuration for trade would be a different matter and probably worth it.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Would you make a trade - 06/16/16 03:58 AM

No
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum