Texas Hunting Forum

9 mm AR....Colt or Glock??

Posted By: DocHorton

9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 07:49 PM

I'm gonna build a 9 mm AR SBR.....looking at both the Colt or Glock lowers, any pros or cons to each one?? I'm more concerned with reliability and functionality.

Thanks, guys!
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 07:51 PM

Have you looked at the new Spikes 9mm AR? There is a thread about it in this section.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 08:18 PM

Quarter Circle 10 in the Colt mag configuration is what I like in 9mm. Either one is going to be reliable just prefer the straight magazine. If I was going to go with a pistol caliber AR it would be a QC-10 Large Glock frame in 10mm though.
Posted By: Chris42

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 08:26 PM

I just ordered a lower from PSA. They have some 7.5" uppers that look very cool. I have plenty of glock mags.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Have you looked at the new Spikes 9mm AR? There is a thread about it in this section.

Yeah, I saw that one....looks pretty pricey! I was hoping to get a set from PSA and SBR the lower. I need to get a pistol can as well.

I think the Glock lower makes the most sense, but I do like the look of the straight mags a little better....however the Glock mags are probably easier to find. The Colt lowers are cheaper though...
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DocHorton
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

Yeah, I saw that one....looks pretty pricey! I was hoping to get a set from PSA and SBR the lower. I need to get a pistol can as well.

I think the Glock lower makes the most sense, but I do like the look of the straight mags a little better....however the Glock mags are probably easier to find. The Colt lowers are cheaper though...
I think that spikes has a can included I can't remember but I'm sure it isn't cheap. I think PSA is running a sale right now on their 9mm lowers
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/13/16 10:10 PM

I'd go glock
Posted By: Misfire

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/14/16 02:21 AM

I have a CMMG with the stick mags. I love it.

Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/14/16 03:50 PM

Personal preference. I would vote Glock.
Posted By: Tye

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/15/16 01:59 AM

Building a QC 10 SGF in 9mm. Got a 5.5" barrel and decided to buy a 16" as well. Who knows how long it will take to get my 45 Octane can.....
Posted By: DannyB

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/15/16 02:17 AM

I had a friend with a 9mm Colt AR. That was the most ridiculous looking thing I have ever seen with that skinny mag hanging out of that big mag-well.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: 9 mm AR....Colt or Glock?? - 06/15/16 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DannyB
I had a friend with a 9mm Colt AR. That was the most ridiculous looking thing I have ever seen with that skinny mag hanging out of that big mag-well.

That's why you get a Quarter-Circle 10.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum