Texas Hunting Forum

Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.

Posted By: Texaslawman

Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/07/16 04:16 AM

I've had this for a while now figured I would share my thoughts on it.

Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/07/16 12:13 PM

what kind of shims?
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/07/16 12:54 PM

I don't understand the basis of you highly recommending a product that malfunctioned and experienced other useability issues - if I paid for a product that didn't perform as fully advertised I'd be looking for a refund.

1) gun doesn't fire when you squeeze the trigger
2) trigger system performs in a non-consistent manner after magazine swaps
3) manufacturer recommends opening gas port (over gassing) to alleviate rifle stoppages

Highly Recommended????
Posted By: P_102

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/07/16 01:57 PM

What happens if you find yourself in an unsafe situation after pulling the trigger? Is there a way to switch the setting so it doesn't go off when letting off the trigger or do you just fire the gun into the ground or other safe place? Maybe a bit far-fetched but would still like to know. P102

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/08/16 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
I don't understand the basis of you highly recommending a product that malfunctioned and experienced other useability issues - if I paid for a product that didn't perform as fully advertised I'd be looking for a refund.

1) gun doesn't fire when you squeeze the trigger
2) trigger system performs in a non-consistent manner after magazine swaps
3) manufacturer recommends opening gas port (over gassing) to alleviate rifle stoppages

Highly Recommended????

I highly recommend it for fun factor.

I do not highly recommend it for tactical use unless it is a very disciplined shooter.

I think it will work very well for double tapping hogs with weaker calibers like the 5.56 and 300 blackout.

How is that?

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/08/16 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: P_102
What happens if you find yourself in an unsafe situation after pulling the trigger? Is there a way to switch the setting so it doesn't go off when letting off the trigger or do you just fire the gun into the ground or other safe place? Maybe a bit far-fetched but would still like to know. P102

Well we all know you should never point a firearm where you do not want to shoot, but we also know people are stupid so its going to happen. Yes you can put it to semi or safe while depressing the trigger and it will not fire.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/08/16 10:46 AM

I would rather spend the $400. at the landing strip
Posted By: 338ultra

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/08/16 12:26 PM

I own one as well and they are a blast to shoot.
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger. - 06/08/16 06:50 PM

I have an m92 pap with a pinned faux suppressor that I made a "double tap" trigger for. It's fun, but more of a novelty.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum