Texas Hunting Forum

electronic target

Posted By: rickym

electronic target - 05/27/16 05:43 PM

There's some guys out here(hot wells) with a new electronic target that shows you where you hit with an app on your phone. They are letting anyone shoot it as long as you'll answer 5 questions for them when your done. Pretty cool stuff
Posted By: P_102

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 05:54 PM

Is there a web site?

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 06:11 PM

www.g-2solutions.com
Posted By: DStroud

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 06:53 PM

That is nice but I can easily see hits to 600 yards thru my scope or spotter. Now if it would work out to 1 mile then they would have something.

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 07:10 PM

They are working on extending the range, and currently the app doesn't tell you the size of your groups which is something else they are working on as well as a few other kinks. They are expecting to have a completely upgraded and finished project by years end according to the guys that were out there today.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 07:43 PM

hunting buddy has the camera that sets up in front of the target, then he uses his table to see bullet holes, its good to 1000 yds
I spoke out of turn, the new one is good to a mile, with a clear line of sight
Posted By: DStroud

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
hunting buddy has the camera that sets up in front of the target, then he uses his table to see bullet holes, its good to 1000 yds

Yep mine will be here next week I hope.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: electronic target - 05/27/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
Originally Posted By: colt45

Yep mine will be here next week I hope.

Those are neat, just wish they cost a lot less.
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: electronic target - 05/28/16 12:14 PM

Any idea what kind of price is going to be attached to the G2-Solutions target? I have a private range and would like to consider it.

Re: electronic target - 05/28/16 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranch Dog
Any idea what kind of price is going to be attached to the G2-Solutions target? I have a private range and would like to consider it.

No, but I can probably find out. I've been talking with the guy via email about shooting for them in the future.

Re: electronic target - 05/28/16 11:20 PM

If you don't mind, I will watch for it here.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: electronic target - 05/28/16 11:23 PM

Hmmmm

Re: electronic target - 05/29/16 02:38 AM

At one time Oehler offered an acoustical target, about 15 years ago, and I always wished I had bought the system. I do think there would be problems with it in the constant winds we see in coastal South Texas. This could be quite an improvement over that type of system.

Re: electronic target - 05/31/16 03:12 PM

When purchased, the unit you receive will be guaranteed to 1000 yards with a 5 year warranty. That doesn't mean it won't work at a greater distance, but at this time, they are only guaranteeing it to 1000. Price point is kinda high to me at $1500-1800. They are hoping to bring the price down as they increase manufacturing

Re: electronic target - 06/01/16 01:58 AM

Yikes, too steep for me. I would be good up to about $750 but not that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum