Texas Hunting Forum

Atf suppressor wait time?

Posted By: tx hunter

Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:29 AM

Check was cashed December 15 2015. As of today still nothing. Form 4 paper trust. This typical?
Posted By: mudd

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:31 AM

120 days usually
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:34 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. I mailed a check before Christmas and still no update on status as of yet.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:45 AM

http://www.nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Sort by paper form & submission type.. (E-filings are quicker..)

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:57 AM

I'm past 180 days. Hopefully in the next couple weeks. I'm ready to play damn it!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 02:03 AM

Did mine end of March. Was cashed the 29th I believe. Buddy's took 115 days to get this year
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 03:29 AM

Mine took 160 days last summer.
Posted By: Gwood88

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:26 PM

I'm sure they are very backlogged right now with everyone trying to get their NFA paperwork in before 41F takes effect in July.

I am waiting on an form 4 on an Optimus and a SBR form 1...
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 01:28 PM

http://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

took 10 weeks just to get my Form 3 back so I could transfer one from Colorado to Texas dealer. Now I'm waiting on Form 4. Times are backed up and I don't expect to see it in time for deer season.
Posted By: ksjmf

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Gwood88
I'm sure they are very backlogged right now with everyone trying to get their NFA paperwork in before 41F takes effect in July.

I must not be paying attention. What happens in July and what is 41F? I've been thinking of dipping my toe in the suppressor waters.
Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/26/16 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ksjmf
Originally Posted By: Gwood88

I must not be paying attention. What happens in July and what is 41F? I've been thinking of dipping my toe in the suppressor waters.

Basically rule change for trusts. Google 41F and you will see what the changes reflect.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 12:53 AM

GETTING WORSE AND WORSE
Posted By: passthru

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 03:42 AM

So I have to submit a photo and finger print cards. Sounds like an application for a CHL don't you think?
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 03:59 AM

I bought one through the Silencer Shop last april. The check was cashed with in 10 days and the wait time was 110 days. Going to start the process all over again on another one saturday. As long as I get it by mid Dec all will good.
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 01:51 PM

Some good info on it

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/25/exclusive-silencer-shop-outlines-new-41f-system/

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 04:11 PM

I just read this. Looks like it's actually going to be all that terrible with this new App thing.
Looks like SilencerShop has our backs despite hating Texans and making them use a local dealer instead of going directly through them.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/27/16 08:58 PM

Just bought a Gemtech Tracker a couple of weeks ago and I sure prefer having it come to a local dealer, saves me a drive to Austin. Whats not to like about that? Doesn't sound like they are hating on anyone...
Posted By: Deans

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/28/16 12:30 AM

Sent mine in August, 2015 did not get my suppressor until March, 2016. If what I was told they are way behind and it also depends who does the processing.
Some are quicker than others.

Deans

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/28/16 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: glocker17
Just bought a Gemtech Tracker a couple of weeks ago and I sure prefer having it come to a local dealer, saves me a drive to Austin. Whats not to like about that? Doesn't sound like they are hating on anyone...

If you have a CHL after your form 4 clears they are able to send it to your house. They use to do that but they changed their policy. Places like Capitol Armory will still ship it right you. This keeps you from having to wait on a form 3 and paying a transfer fee at a local dealer. That's my main problem with them.

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 05/28/16 07:56 PM

No transfer fee at the dealer I selected, nor is there a Form 3 wait that I am aware of. The item is Form 4'd by silencer shop at the time of purchase, but it shows the name of the receiving dealer not silencershop.

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 12:57 AM

No transfer fee at the dealer I selected, nor is there a Form 3 wait that I am aware of. The item is Form 4'd by silencer shop at the time of purchase, but it shows the name of the receiving dealer not silencershop.

Please elaborate as I am interested how Silencer Shop Form 4's a suppressor that is at another dealers shop...... Must be some kind of new Unicorn nut dust they are using these days.
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 02:08 AM

Forever
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 03:01 AM

No transfer fee at the dealer I selected

It's already factored into the price you paid.

The item is Form 4'd by silencer shop at the time of purchase.

Only if the item is in stock and on a From 3 at SS.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Please elaborate as I am interested how Silencer Shop Form 4's a suppressor that is at another dealers shop...... Must be some kind of new Unicorn nut dust they are using these days.

My understanding is they file the Form 4 paperwork before the Form 3 paperwork is approved hoping that the Form 3 will clear before they get to the Form 4.

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Toxarch
Originally Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

My understanding is they file the Form 4 paperwork before the Form 3 paperwork is approved hoping that the Form 3 will clear before they get to the Form 4.

How do you Form 4 a suppressor(if you are Silencer Shop) and put another dealers name on the FORM 4 and file it? That is the question to the above tactic? If a dealer files a Form 3 it is frowned upon by the BATFE to do a FORM 4 and file that before the Form 3 is approved. IT happens yes....but is very much frowned upon by the BATFE......
Posted By: tuckerracing

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/03/16 04:03 PM

On the last suppressor I ordered from Silencer Shop, the Form 3 was filed on 3-1-2016 and the Form 4 was filed on 4-4-2016. The Form 3 was disposed on 5-16-16 I would assume that Silencer Shop waited on the Form 3 to be approved then filed the Form 4 for the dealer that I will be picking up the suppressor from.
Posted By: RHutch

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/04/16 01:31 PM

Check cashed 12/15/15
Stamp approved 6/01/16
On a trust

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/04/16 07:15 PM

Dealer called me Tuesday and said that my suppressor was still listed as pending.... bang

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/05/16 04:46 AM

I purchased the can and like previous SilencerShop purchases you receive a scan of your Form 4 the next day, however with the new system the Form 4 filed is from the dealer I selected not SS. I assume they are preparing it for the receiving dealer and submitting with a Form 3, Who knows what kind of variance SS has. They have been successful in getting variances in the past.

FWIW I paid no additional dealer fee, can was $459 and I just had to select a receiving dealer with the same $459 price, most were a bit higher.

They are doing something in order to make the time frame guarantees that they are currently advertising, they would have submit both forms at one time to guarantee purchases made via the website on 7/8/16 to be processed prior to 7/13/2016 (41p) submission of Form 4. There is no other way, a Form 3 isn't going to get processed in 5 days. They have to be doing something to get item on a Form 4 at a different SOT in a manner of a few days.

Don't know what else to tell you guys except thats they way they are doing it now. Buy one and see for yourself!

Posted By: bside

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/06/16 02:58 PM

Filed Form 4 (Trust) for a SiCo Omega ~Jan 18, stamp returned Saturday 6/4, picked up 6/5 (Money order for the ATF, no idea when they "cashed" it)
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/07/16 08:07 PM

That is good news bside, I filed on my second Omega Jan 15th, so it should be getting pretty close.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/07/16 08:44 PM

Need to order another Omega this month.
Posted By: JTPinTX

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/08/16 02:24 PM

I filed on a Specwar 556 K last month when SiCo had the SPEQ program opened up to veterans. That makes 5 for me, and my son has a Sandman TI in the works as well. I am probably done unless I pick up another 22 RF can.
Posted By: P1DTAY

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/09/16 04:49 PM

Gents, if you create a trust and E-file it will cut the time in half or less.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/09/16 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: P1DTAY
Gents, if you create a trust and E-file it will cut the time in half or less.

You can't Efile a form 4 right now.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/09/16 09:59 PM

Posted By: Nitronx898

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/11/16 01:48 AM

I just did mine a few weeks ago. Guess I'm in for a long wait.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/11/16 01:56 AM

Three Form 4s returned yesterday...exactly 5 months and 1 day!
Posted By: dirtybird7890

Re: Atf suppressor wait time? - 06/12/16 05:25 PM

Ordered my suppressor from a local shop on April 28th. Still waiting on form 3 and the suppressor to show its face at the dealer so I can do the form 4.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum