Texas Hunting Forum

Think I lost another rifle. - long read

Posted By: JESmith

Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/19/16 02:02 AM

On a whim, I bought one of those Radical Firearms 6.5 Grendel uppers that were on sale. Decided to take it out and shoot it. My good rifle lower is not in the safe. Hmmph. Have to ask my daughter to bring it back. She shows up and says I'll go shoot with you. At the range, I hook it up to the sled and laser sight it. First five rounds give me a pretty good group 1.5moa. So I dial the scope up to an estimated 300 yd zero and try again. On the money and all five rounds almost touching @ .75moa.

OK this rifle will shoot, let's take it out and stretch its legs. Ten rounds at the 300yd gong - all misses. 200yd gong - same story. OK to a 200yd target - ten rounds only 3moa. Then a 100yd target - ten rounds only 2moa. Hmmm maybe this barrel is not as good as I thought. Back to the sled and five more rounds at the original sight-in target. One ragged hole.
My daughter says let me try. 300yd gong - five out five hits dead center. 400yd gong - same story. 500yd gong - 7 out of 10. We ran out of ammo and moved on to other things.
I just got home and finished cleaning my guns, Hmm my new Grendel is missing. Yep my daughter has it. I have come to the conclusion that I don't need a bigger safe - just fewer daughters.
Posted By: slow944

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/19/16 02:18 AM

Yeah...Good luck with send them back. I think they are "No Deposit...No Return." lol444
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/19/16 11:19 AM

Seems to me that you really didn't need that rifle and it now has a good home. Grandkids seem to keep getting mine.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/19/16 10:36 PM

That's funny. I told my daughter I would tag all my guns with their value, so after I croak she can sell them and not get screwed. She said, "what if I want to keep them?" !!!!!

love it!!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/19/16 11:39 PM

You can't shoot it well enough obviously. Leave it in the hands of someone it will shoot for.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/20/16 03:23 AM

At least you know it's in good hands now.
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/20/16 07:33 PM

roflmao Funny but not a bad problem to have!
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Think I lost another rifle. - long read - 05/21/16 12:32 AM

that is good stuff

you have the answer, just looking for somebody to confirm

HERE IT IS, SHE CAN SHOOT, AND YOU CAN'T, not trying to yell at you, but you did ask.

damn rifle is fine, lets look at the other end of barrel

that is a damn fine story, sounds like you have one that will shoot. depending on who pulls the trigger

you know what, at this point you should box it up and send it back

aim

confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum