Texas Hunting Forum

Benelli Super Sport Opinions?

Posted By: MDMORROW

Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/16/16 09:02 PM

I'm selling my Benelli Ultralight to either trade or fund something that is softer shooting for clays etc. The one I was looking at way the A400 Beretta but it seems like quite a few people have problems with it. Also going to consider a Maxus but I got a trade offer of a Super Sport. Seems like a good gun and reviews say it's softer shooting than most benellis. Anyone have any comment?
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/16/16 10:47 PM

The UL weighs 6.3 and the SS weighs 7.3 so the SS will kick less.
Posted By: Colonel Angus

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 12:16 AM

It will still feel like you shot twice the number of shells, it's why I sold mine. The pad isn't comparable to a kick eez.

If you want the best, softest shooting sporting clay gun you can buy, get a 391 Sporting with 28" or 30" Mobile choke barrel.

Hands down fired more rounds than any other auto, well maybe the 303 but being realistic over the past 10 - 15 years.

Denny
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 12:17 AM

the weight will help, but all Benellis are Inertia bolt driven not gas operated. They will always kick more. this being said the Super Sport is a very fine sporting auto
Posted By: booradley

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 03:51 AM

Recoil will definitely be less than the UL but still too much for me to shoot sporting events. Maybe not for you.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 11:25 AM

Have you considered shooting a lighter load? A 1 oz. load, assuming the gun will cycle it, has more than enough shot in the pattern to do the job.

P_102
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 12:59 PM

Just go shoot a round with a Mossberg Maverick or a 870. You'll appreciate the UL then. smile
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 01:14 PM

The benelli super sport is one of the coolest looking guns to me. Loved the carbon fiber look. And we all know looks count. Much less important, I thought it shot very well and always wanted one myself.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
the weight will help, but all Benellis are Inertia bolt driven not gas operated. They will always kick more. this being said the Super Sport is a very fine sporting auto

^^^ truth
Posted By: MDMORROW

Re: Benelli Super Sport Opinions? - 05/17/16 01:56 PM

I have a Vinci that I hunt ducks with and it doesn't bother me at all even with the big loads. Of course I'm wearing a lot of clothes and not shooting a hundred rounds at a time through it either.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum