Texas Hunting Forum

Shipping a suppressor

Posted By: krmitchell

Shipping a suppressor - 05/16/16 07:46 PM

I'm about to test out Silencerco's customer service in regards to a repair that is needed on my Specwar 762. Are there any rules regarding shipping a suppressor? They told me I could ship it directly to them but didn't specify how or what carrier to use, only that I needed to include a copy of my form 4 with it and it would be shipped directly back to me after they fix it. Anybody shipped one yet? A google search appears that USPS should handle it but I wanted to make sure before I show up at the post office with it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/16/16 09:14 PM

I doubt you'll encounter a problem but if it was me I'd ship it UPS.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/16/16 09:45 PM

DO NOT USE USPS, those guys could screw up anything. Odds are it will get lost, especially if you have my kinda luck. I'd ship it FedEx with insurance.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/16/16 10:36 PM

I shipped via insured UPS with a copy of my Form 4 in the box and there were no issues. It traveled both directions legally and without issue.
Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 01:19 AM

I've had bet luck with FedEx and worst with USPS. If you can use FedEx do it.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 01:54 AM

I prefer Fedex and they are pretty much 1 day basic ground delivery anywhere in TX.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 05:03 AM

I do alot of shipping with my business. UPS can damage and lose an Anvil shipping it across the street. Ship it FedEx insured for what a new one would cost.

Charlie

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 02:34 PM

Thanks for all the info guys, appreciate it.

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 05:51 PM

Ended up going with Fedex and insured it for the value plus my tax stamp. Other than them asking what it was and inspecting it when I said "firearm parts", no big deal.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Shipping a suppressor - 05/17/16 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Ended up going with Fedex and insured it for the value plus my tax stamp. Other than them asking what it was and inspecting it when I said "firearm parts", no big deal.
up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum