Texas Hunting Forum

New rebarrel

Posted By: okierifleman

New rebarrel - 05/09/16 06:06 PM

I was doing some scope swapping yesterday and thought I would share my newest from Derrick at Horizon. This started as my SS Mod 75 in 7STW. I have put a lot of rounds through this gun over the years and the accuracy was just not what it used to be. I am taking this gun with me to Africa in August AND I just happened to have a Bartlein 2b waiting on other parts for another 280AI build, so, I figured I would just have Derrick screw a new barrel on it for me. I had ordered this McMillan in urban camo for it awhile back. I love the stock, but it never looked right with the SS barrel and action. So, after he was through we did a black cerekote on everything and it looks so much better. Now, when I talked to Derrick about this project, he did try to talk me into doing a 28 Nosler, but I have had a STW or 2 around for as long as they have been around and the round just holds a special place for me, so I withheld the temptation to switch.

I started the first load work up last week, with 160AB's at the lands, H1000 and Retumbo. The H1000 was a clear winner. Groups around 3/4". Now on to seating depth. This is the second gun Derrick has built for me and I cannot be happier with his work and should have no problem getting this down around 1/2". Look out Africa here we come!!

Posted By: J.G.

Re: New rebarrel - 05/09/16 06:20 PM

Love the big 7's up
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: New rebarrel - 05/09/16 06:26 PM

Appreciate it! Give those Accubonds a little more jump and they will like you a little better up
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: New rebarrel - 05/10/16 02:15 AM

Very nice. My STW loves H1000 and Accubonds, as well.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: New rebarrel - 05/10/16 11:41 AM

Nice looking rifle!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum