Texas Hunting Forum

S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads

Posted By: Buzzsaw

S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/04/16 08:30 PM

They moved their shop over by the Whitewing location in Denton. Might take a couple years but I think they build a damn fine, VERY accurate rifle.

This is Stick's old company, correct Judd?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/04/16 08:38 PM

Probably not going to be the same
Posted By: Ritter

Re: S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/04/16 09:35 PM

Michael bought S&S from Stick last year along with all of the reamers and equipment except for the three axis CNC. He is partnered with White Wing and working out of their shop in Denton.
He does good work and I wouldn't hesitate to have him build me another rifle but BIL is right. Michael was already a competent gunsmith before he started at S&S and under Stick's & JD supervision he became even better.
Stick, JD and even Johnathan, were an integral part of S&S and without them it will not be the same.
Posted By: Judd

Re: S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/05/16 03:37 AM

Ritter has the story correct on Michael. He went to gunsmithing school in CO prior to being mentored by Stick. He knows his stuff and time will tell as to how successful he can be at running a business.

I'd argue that JD didn't do anything as far as the gunsmithing and while Stick would never admit it he probably ran off more people than he brought in. He was the reloading aspect of S&S that doesn't exist anymore. He was a nice guy but he came off a bit harsh.

Jonathon opened up a gunsmithing business in Cleburne and seems to be doing alright.
Posted By: mulish

Re: S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/06/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Probably not going to be the same

I believe it will be the same since Michael was doing the majority of the work the last 3 years.you might want to check with the customers he has done work for since buying out S&S they all seem to be happy and bringing more guns.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: S&S Precision, relocated to Denton/Crossroads - 05/06/16 09:48 PM

Good deal I hope they do
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum