Texas Hunting Forum

Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ???

Posted By: dredd

Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/01/16 05:24 PM

I picked up a Glock 20 awhile back and really enjoy shooting it.
I have also been reloading for it since I got it.

I am now curious about the different barrels and options for it.
I was steered towards Lone Wolf.

I am interested in playing with the Extended-Ported Barrel.

I thought about getting a 40cal Barrel as well, but I can reload the 10mm for the same price.
But then again... I don't have a 40 or a 9. I could get Barrels for everything! LOL

Anyways.... Does anyone have any input on the Lone Wolf Barrels? The Extended-Ported?

Thanks!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/01/16 07:24 PM

Unless you're chasing more velocity, I wouldn't worry with it. You aren't going to get any greater accuracy with a different barrel. If you want to flatten the recoil, get a threaded barrel and comp. The ported barrels don't do much.
Posted By: bo3

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/01/16 07:39 PM

I put one in my g20. It was a 6.5" threaded barrel. I also upgraded the spring to a 23#. This greatly improved my accuracy with full power loads.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/01/16 10:31 PM

Best upgrade in this area would be a Glock 40. You get the longer barrel, plus an eight inch sight radius that will also make a difference in accuracy.

After you sell the 20, and no longer need to buy aftermarket items, it works out to cost about the same to get a Glock40 as an upgrade.
Posted By: boonee

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/02/16 02:42 AM

I have been shooting my G20c with a Lone Wolf 6.5 threaded barrel for several years. We cast some very hard 180 lead loads that fly very well. It has a laser on it for long distances. I had a G40, but sold it. I'm confortable with my setup!
Posted By: dredd

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/02/16 10:14 AM

Thanks for all of the input.
It has been helpful.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/02/16 02:26 PM

I have each of the Glock pistols in 10mm- G29 (2), G20, and G40. I had the G20 for a while, and loved it and got the G29 to carry. The G29 is my main carry gun. I also put on the 6.5" Lone Wolf barrel on the G20. It's ok, and I'm not seeing a huge gain in difference from the factory barrel. The one thing I do notice is the Lone Wolf has a tighter chamber, and will up your speeds a noticeable amount. Yes, you will gain some speed from the added barrel length, but the gain comes more from the tighter chamber. I have also noticed I do get a few rounds that will hang up and fail to chamber when shooting with the Lone Wolf. They will porpoise out of the mag and hang up at an angle. I'd like to try the KKM barrel. If you go to a custom barrel, I'd recommend the heavier spring. Mine is factory spring, and a standard max 10mm load is a heavy recoil in the custom barrel, and may be too much for the factory spring.

But, I would also recommend the G40. It will out shoot my G20 with the custom barrel. The added weight of the G40 helps tame the recoil a lot. The G40 is now my favorite pistol to shoot. We were punching steel at 100 yards with it a few weeks ago. When we missed, it was my fault on the trigger. It is a VERY good pistol!
Posted By: Scary Poppins

Re: Glock 20 Barrel Swap / Upgrades ??? - 05/04/16 11:59 PM

50GI upper
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum