Texas Hunting Forum

Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2

Posted By: okjhutch

Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/22/16 05:55 PM

I had one offered to me, it has only had 1 clip run thru it and comes with the box and warranty papers.
I was wondering if any of you all have had any experience with them?
are they good or stay away from, I am assume it is better since it is a generation 2 but I don't know
anything about them and looking for some advise.
thanks
hutch
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/22/16 06:01 PM

Can find them new for 200 so anything more than that wouldn't be worth it
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/22/16 07:27 PM

Good little guns. I had no idea you could get them for $200 new. That's a steal. I think the G2 has the upgraded 24/7 trigger, which the G1 did not. If so, it's good as a truck gun, nightstand gun, etc.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/22/16 07:43 PM

$199 most of the time from PSA/CDNN/others. Have been intrigued but if I'm buying something that size I'm probably going Shield, Solo, or something else.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/23/16 03:06 PM

I have one for EDC. I bought it after they first came out for about $330. I have carried it for well over two years, never had a problem. 12 round magazine is a plus. My wife's 9mm Shield is also a very nice pistol with a 7 and 8 round magazines but the G2 fits my big hands much better. I've thought about picking up the 40 S&W since they have dropped so much in price but haven't committed yet. 2cents
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/25/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
$199 most of the time from PSA/CDNN/others. Have been intrigued but if I'm buying something that size I'm probably going Shield, Solo, or something else.
Shield is another really nice gun, but you're not touching one for $199. $350-$375 is about right, and I think that's a very good value for a gun with the quality, ergonomics, trigger, and specs/size of the shield. PT-111 is going to be a hair bigger and easier to shoot, but slightly harder to conceal without noticing it.
Posted By: Woodrow1

Re: Taurus pt-111 mellinium pro G2 - 04/27/16 06:17 AM

I have a pt111 g2 and a pt140 g2

Both have shot several hundred rounds of different kinds of ammo without a single jam. Including bottom of the barrel ammo.

The ergonomics are very nice. The grip texture is pretty extreme(which is nice). The trigger is a long pull, but I like it. It has a good reset.

I have absolutely zero complaints with these two guns. I carry the 40 every where I go. My wife has been using the 9mm.

The sights are kind of cheap, but work perfectly fine...,shot a cottonmouths head that was sticking out above the water in our pond. I do really well with it at the range

Don't let anyone tell you it's a bad gun because of the brand. It's not. And it conceals great for me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum