Texas Hunting Forum

Holster dilemma

Posted By: Arrowslinger82

Holster dilemma - 04/20/16 06:17 AM

Looking for iwb. Have it down between a white hat max clip or a milt sparks ss2. Thoughts and opinions on both please.

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 01:16 PM

Nobody has an opinion?
Posted By: sic'em

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 02:33 PM

I sometimes carry a G26 in a white hat maxtuck. No experience with the max clip, but I can tell you that they make good products. What firearm are you going to be carrying? I carried a Springfield EMP for a while in a Galco summer comfort, which is very similar to the milt sparks ss2. While I liked the holster overall, I found that having the belt loops right on top of the gun made for a little wider of a package than I preferred, even with a single stack 9mm. That is why I went with the 2 clip model by white hat as opposed to something with one clip. All this being said, I carry OWB the vast majority of the time.

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 02:37 PM

my iwb gun will be a glock 19, I carry a sig 1911 owb
Posted By: sic'em

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 04:34 PM

With multiple firearms in your carry rotation, white hat holsters are great in that you can buy one holster and then just get multiple kydex pieces. Much less expensive than buying a bunch of different holsters. Slightly labor intensive if you are going to change guns often, but it's nice to have that capability. Obviously that doesn't really apply if the G19 is the only gun you will ever carry IWB.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 06:25 PM

I've been extremely pleased with both of my Stealth Gear USA Onyx IWB holsters. I have one for a FS M&P 45 and one for a G26. They are super comfortable and breathable, especially in the summer. I haven't found a holster that I like better.
Posted By: rjd

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/22/16 06:31 PM

There are a few of us testing out a holster for East (FFR Holsters) that looks very nice so far. I am sure he can give you details if you are interested.
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Holster dilemma - 04/23/16 03:09 AM

[quote=rjd]There are a few of us testing out a holster for East (FFR Holsters) that looks very nice so far. I am sure he can give you details if you are interested. [/quote

X2 has been a great holster. I would get a hold of him and he can make you a great holster. Milt sparks makes some awesome holsters and my favorite is the vm2. But the new holster east is making has been awesome.

Walter
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum