Texas Hunting Forum

Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why???

Posted By: Mike Honcho

Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/19/16 05:14 PM

Thanks for your input.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/19/16 05:35 PM

I prefer a real stock. LOL

In all seriousness though. If I had to choose one I'd go with Gen 2 simply because it looks less goofy. But out of the braces I'd probably go for the Shockwave one.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 03:31 AM

I tried the shockwave on a friends and didnt care for it one bit.

Any other users comments?
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 04:22 AM

Just don't.

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 03:02 PM

^^^^^
grin
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 03:13 PM

Shockwave blade

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 03:30 PM

I dont pay too much attention to the laws around AR pistols, but didn't the ATF come out and say it is illegal to shoulder a Sig or Shockwave brace? If so, what is the point of the brace now? I've never seen anyone actually strap one to their arm as we all know it was just a loophole to build something close to a SBR. So I guess I fail to see the point of the brace now.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Which Sig brace do you prefer gen 1 or gen 2, and why??? - 04/20/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper
I dont pay too much attention to the laws around AR pistols, but didn't the ATF come out and say it is illegal to shoulder a Sig or Shockwave brace? If so, what is the point of the brace now? I've never seen anyone actually strap one to their arm as we all know it was just a loophole to build something close to a SBR. So I guess I fail to see the point of the brace now.
Yes they said if you use a brace for an unintended purpose i.e. shouldering then it is in fact against the law and you are in possession of an SBR without tax stamp.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum