Texas Hunting Forum

Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags?

Posted By: Toxarch

Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/17/16 06:36 PM

I have been in the market for an AR15 upper in either 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel. Kept waiting on a good deal and couldn't seem to find anything I liked. Many ARs are cheap right now but they seem to be proud of calibers other than 5.56 and 300blk. I was going to end up building an upper myself and then I got the e-mail from JoeBob's for a RF 20" 6.5 for $500 shipped. Checked reviews, checked factory ammo prices, thought it over and decided it was something I couldn't pass up so I bought it. They have the 24" as well for the same price if anyone is interested.

So I need some mags for the rifle. Seems some older reviews recommended C-Products mags but all the current reviews on them suggest they are mostly junk now. Most 6.5 magazine reviews are really bad. Some newer reviews say E-Lander 6.5 mags are really good and are $20 each plus shipping. So before I start shelling out money for mags I thought I should ask what others have used and recommend. So what should I be looking at?
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/17/16 07:31 PM

I've only used AR Stoner mags from Midway in my Aero grendel. All 4 of them have worked fine.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/17/16 08:10 PM

There are several that work, I have Stoner and Alexander Arms mags both brands have been flawless.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/18/16 12:38 AM

The new Alexander Arms 10, 17 and 30(?) round mags are made by E-Lander.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/18/16 01:43 AM

Not sure who was making the mags for AA 6 years or so ago which are how old mine are.
Posted By: red bluff

Re: Preferred 6.5 Grendel Mags? - 04/18/16 11:30 AM

I have two of the 10 round from Alexander Arms. I have been getting a few FTF with the claw marks on the shoulder of the cartridge using both mags. But it may not be the mags problem, I have been using CLP on the BCG and it gets really gummed up after 100 rounds. Next time I go out I'm taking a regular 223 mag just for grins.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum