Texas Hunting Forum

New toys

Posted By: BassCat'99

New toys - 04/08/16 12:17 AM

Co-Ax came in yesterday and Chargemaster today. Was supposed to mow tonight but...new toys gotta play. Mow tomorrow. These things are nice. Couple questions, what type lock nut do you use on the dies? It comes with 2 large circular rings with a cross clamp screw. Can I use the nuts from my Dillon? I have 2 more hex type that have a set screw I figured would be good. It does not make any difference if the die moves a little? Now on the Chargemaster I measured the tube and a .308 flat base and BT both slid in easy and am ordering the insert. Will need to play with it a bit but am looking forward to not having to dip and trickle on a beam scale. I just luv Christmas in April!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New toys - 04/08/16 12:33 AM

Hornady lock rings are what I bought for my dies, they work in the Co-Ax and are available in 6 packs
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: New toys - 04/08/16 01:05 AM

Just about any lockring will work, except Lee. I do think Forster's lockrings are the best to use with it though. Darned things are pricey, too. I never thought about it, but I guess I've bought about 60 of those suckers.

You're going to LOVE your Chargemaster! The insert is essential once you've experienced the improvement it will make. You can make yourself one out of a 5.7 FN case, ya know.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum