Texas Hunting Forum

28 gauge Bore Sight Arbor???

Posted By: nak

28 gauge Bore Sight Arbor??? - 03/27/16 03:19 PM

28 Gauge arbor for a .223 (or anything) bore sight laser. Or a dedicated 28 gauge in chamber bore sight laser? Is there such a creature? I've spent an hour on Google and I'm coming up completely dry.

I know 28 is not popular, but surely someone makes one.
Posted By: P_102

Re: 28 gauge Bore Sight Arbor??? - 03/27/16 07:27 PM

Never heard of anyone bore sighting a shotgun but you may be able to find a way to mount a laser sight in an empty hull.

P_102
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: 28 gauge Bore Sight Arbor??? - 03/27/16 09:16 PM

might try sportsmansguide
Posted By: charlesb

Re: 28 gauge Bore Sight Arbor??? - 03/28/16 12:57 PM

I'll assume here that you are interested in using slugs, and have an adjustable sight of some kind.

If no 28ga sight arbor shows up, I'd just try it out at short range, maybe 25 yards. Get it just above the bull there, and that ought to get it on the paper for 100 yard sighting, with little if any further adjustment required.

Careful use of a dental mirror will allow you to get the bore lined up with the target, if you've got a pump or an autoloader there. You'll want shooting bags or a sled for this. Then, without moving the gun, take a look to see where the sight is looking, make an adjustment, and then compare the two again.

You can get a dental mirror at most drug stores. They are handy for all kinds if stuff, a good investment.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum