Texas Hunting Forum

Whats your go to way to clean rimfire suppressor baffles? I need ideas

Posted By: huntandfish

Whats your go to way to clean rimfire suppressor baffles? I need ideas - 03/18/16 11:32 PM

I have spectre ii and element 2, both have ss baffles. Ive been doing the dip, but even after 4 hours the stuff is still hard as heck. Yes i just about use hazmat gear to deal with the dip and have the used stuff in sealed containers. After 4 hour soak i still had to scrape the hell out of the element baffles. Guess i need a much longer soak! The tubes clean up so easy compared to the baffles. How do you clean them? If you use the dip, how long do you soak? Need some other good ideas.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Whats your go to way to clean rimfire suppressor baffles? I need ideas - 03/19/16 12:47 AM

This article may help. I've got my Spectre II and Varminter 3.0 soaking in DOT 5 brake fluid as I'm typing this now.

http://www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Whats your go to way to clean rimfire suppressor baffles? I need ideas - 03/19/16 12:59 AM

Ultra sonic cleaner is your best bet.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Whats your go to way to clean rimfire suppressor baffles? I need ideas - 03/19/16 07:34 AM

Rotary tumbler for a long time. Comes out looking almost perfect. Going to try the Silicone dip (per the above article) next cleaning to make them easier to clean in the future.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum