Texas Hunting Forum

AR model

Posted By: Skip

AR model - 03/08/16 02:37 PM

I'm thinking about buying my wife an AR type rifle in .223 to Crider hunt with. I'm looking for opinions on models. Once I narrow it down I'll start looking for a pink camo one for her.
Posted By: chalet

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 03:39 PM

I'd go with something like this. 16" carbine or mid length upper with lw free float rail. Depending on how accurate you want it you can spend a little more on their Wylde chambered better barrels, or just watch and they run the freedom serious cheap regularly. I have a couple of them, haven't put the screws to them accuracy wise yet but they are reliable right out of the box and looks like they will be at least MOA.

Biggest complaint my daughters have about guns is they are too heavy. I'd focus more on weight and size of the rifle than finding one in pink camo.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-22...-bcg-or-ch.html

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 04:05 PM

Thanks Chalet.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 04:33 PM

We bought my wife the S&W Sport, it shoots great and functions like every other AR. For the price it's hard to beat, and leaves a lot of room for upgrades when she decides what she wants. We painted her pink too

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 04:41 PM

Thanks BigPig, I'm a big S&W fan to begin with.
Posted By: okstatefan

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 05:00 PM

Like many on this forum, I built mine.

However, in this instance, I would probably recommend the Smith & Wesson as well. It's a proven firearm with manufacturer's support, if ever needed.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 05:39 PM

Get with Texflip. He will take care of you.

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 05:55 PM

Thanks CC thats the color I'm looking for.

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 05:58 PM

It's called Muddy Girl Camo. Pretty nice looking actually.

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 06:10 PM

I think so.

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 06:15 PM

She has the gun, the case for it, ear muffs, 2 hats, Range Bag, purse, a beach towel, a pistol case, and her Yeti cup all with Muddy Girl Camo. She's easy to buy for right now. bang

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 06:55 PM

OK I got ya. Sorry for the mis understanding.
Posted By: wall8053

Re: AR model - 03/08/16 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
We bought my wife the S&W Sport, it shoots great and functions like every other AR. For the price it's hard to beat, and leaves a lot of room for upgrades when she decides what she wants. We painted her pink too

The pink painting was really for BigPig
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: AR model - 03/09/16 05:13 AM

Dpms Oracle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum