Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors

Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/24/16 09:32 PM

I have the Saker 7.62 currently. Looking to pickup a rimfire can. Any suggestions?
I apologize ahead of time if this horse has been beaten into the ground
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/24/16 11:28 PM

I really like my Spectre II. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't yet tried my Griffin Checkmate QD.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/25/16 12:09 AM

I think there was a rimfire suppressor thread a week or two ago if you want to look.
What are you planning to use it on? If you are using it on a .22 LR rifle, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the more popular ones. It's when you put it on a .22 LR pistol that you will hear more difference, especially on the first round (FRP - First Round Pop). There are some that are rated for 22 mag, 5.7, and 17 HMR and others that are not. Look at the FRP when you are comparing them.
I have a SilencerCo Spectre II and I love shooting with it. It's very good on the .22 LR pistol and awesome on the bolt action .22 LR rifle. The rifle is quieter than a pellet gun.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/25/16 02:28 AM

I bought a Spectre II,just waiting to get it out of jail. Hopefully,it will be just a few more weeks!
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/25/16 05:43 AM

IMO, the best rimfire suppressor is the AAC Element. I also have a SS Sparrow that is pretty decent, but it has FRP and is louder and heavier than my Element, I wish I had just bought two of them. You want to buy one that can shoot .22, .17 HMR, .22 Mag, and 5.7...not all of them can do that.
Posted By: cattle69

Re: Looking for opinions on .22 Suppressors - 02/25/16 02:00 PM

Agree with doc make sure you get one that can shoot all like the 5.7 my Griffin checkmate does not.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum