Texas Hunting Forum

Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA

Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/09/16 08:06 PM

Anyone with any experience or opinions on these? I know the Long action is just coming out, but the short action has been out for a while
Link
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/09/16 08:57 PM

I just got the SA version w/the mag well. Haven't shot it yet but here's a couple observations:
cheek riser is hard plastic
stock flexes out past the recoil lug but even w/my bull barrel there's no way it'll touch the barrel
recoil pad feels nice
adding the mag well was super easy
mag doesn't drop free like an AR, you push the release than manually pull the mag out
I like mine
I got it for $225 delivered for just the stock
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/09/16 09:01 PM

Thanks, good to know. Looks great
Posted By: KC Huntin

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: LFD2037
I just got the SA version w/the mag well. Haven't shot it yet but here's a couple observations:
stock flexes out past the recoil lug but even w/my bull barrel there's no way it'll touch the barrel
recoil pad feels nice
mag doesn't drop free like an AR, you push the release than manually pull the mag out
I like mine

Where for $225?
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 01:15 PM

What were you doing before snapping that pic????

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: KC Huntin
recoil pad feels nice
I like mine

Where for $225?

Sending PM.

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: jeepercreeper

Ha! My wife was alying on the couch watching something in the living room. After I took the pic I thought "that doesn't look quite right w/that background" but was too tired to take a better pic.

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 02:39 PM

Ha! My wife was alying on the couch watching something in the living room. After I took the pic I thought "that doesn't look quite right w/that background" but was too tired to take a better pic.

Well....there's a bottle of lotion and mason jar directly in front of you smile

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 02:46 PM

BTW, I forgot to mention. I know its not the same as the 700 Hunter but I've been running the Magpul 10/22 version ever since it came out. It is night and day better than the Hogue that it replaced. Forend doesn't flex like the Hogue.

Question on the 700 Hunter....is the barrel free floated? It doesn't free float on the 10/22 x for me but doesn't seem to impact accuracy at all.

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 05:20 PM

Well....there's a bottle of lotion and mason jar directly in front of you smile

Hahaha!!! Didn't even notice that stuff.

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/11/16 05:21 PM

BTW, I forgot to mention. I know its not the same as the 700 Hunter but I've been running the Magpul 10/22 version ever since it came out. It is night and day better than the Hogue that it replaced. Forend doesn't flex like the Hogue.

Question on the 700 Hunter....is the barrel free floated? It doesn't free float on the 10/22 x for me but doesn't seem to impact accuracy at all.

Yes it's free floated w/my Remmy SPS Tac bull barrel.

Re: Magpul Hunter 700L Stock LA - 02/12/16 11:00 PM

One other thing, the cheek riser it comes w/is too high for my set-up. I honestly think it'll be too high for anybody's set-up. As you can see I have ~1/4" between my 44mm obj. scope & barrel. I can't get a comfortable cheek weld very easily. The cheek riser is level w/the top of the action, which is too high. I'm talking w/Magpul to see if they have a level, or zero rise, riser. The stock one is .50". I'd like a 0" rise so I can use my Triad stock pad/pouch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum