Texas Hunting Forum

Barrel cleaning foam question

Posted By: SapperTitan

Barrel cleaning foam question - 02/09/16 04:41 PM

I bought some of this a while back. My question is, will cleaning my barrel with this change my POI? I know running and bore brush and a good cleaning usually will but will this alone and then a couple cloth patches change POI?
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Barrel cleaning foam question - 02/09/16 05:01 PM

IME, any change in POI will be as a result of a clean barrel and should be rather slight. What I usually see is that the groups may open up some until the barrel fouling reaches a point that accuracy is returned. Every barrel is different, some may come back to the accuracy point in fewer shots than others. It's all part of learning your rifle.

Read the comments on this thread, a lot will apply to your question.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6173916/Barrel_clean_up_and_accuracy,_#Post6173916
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Barrel cleaning foam question - 02/09/16 05:39 PM

In my experience, yes, you will have a POI shift. How much of a shift varies barrel to barrel. After I clean, I refoul without adjust the scope. Often times the shots start out with a POI to POA error, but return to the original zero prior to cleaning. If they do not return, but are shooting consistently, rezero to the new POI.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum