Texas Hunting Forum

Everything 1911

Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 02:06 AM

Since there have been a few threads on 1911's lately, I thought a 1911 thread could be good to have. So show them off, ask questions, and learn from each other.

These are my two. A Para 16-40 that I shoot in USPSA Limited, and a Kimber Custom II for Single Stack.

Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 02:26 AM

I shot IDPA for years with this Springfield, she is the most accurate 1911 that I've ever shot.

Moved to Abilene area 10 years ago and found no matches here. Went to local range to find out about matches, had a snot nosed punk at local shop/ indoor range tell me how inferior my weapon was to his kimber, IPSIC or some such was so much better than IDPA, His 9mm was better than 45, plastic guns are superb blah blah blah etc.... I've tried pretty much every major brand on for size except for STI. I like Springers best, with Ruger and colt a close second

I started just hunting with handguns for lack of any comps. Have become pretty good at taking deer and hogs with SBH's with homecast keith loads.

I purchased a bottom tier Ruger for a truck gun . Ruger's commander length.
This is the first 2 mags that I ran through it at 15 yards. Not bad for a $600 1911.

Posted By: AP2714

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 02:39 AM

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 03:18 AM

We shoot in Coleman and San Angelo. There is also a match at the indoor range in Abilene. Matches in Wichita Falls, too.
Posted By: Elpatoloco

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
We shoot in Coleman and San Angelo. There is also a match at the indoor range in Abilene. Matches in Wichita Falls, too.

Do they differentiate classes by mag capacity and caliber? In IDPA, a guy shooting a single stack 1911in 45acp was not grouped with a double stack glock in 9.

I won't set foot back in the Indoor place in Abilene. One fella who I believe was the owner is a stand up guy. Never a problem and offers sound advise. He has too many armchair commandos, that spout their B.S. on the payroll for my liking.

I'd be interested in info in the Whichita Falls area matches. I have a son in school up there who also runs 1911s and would enjoy matches.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 03:55 AM

I have two Colt 1991s, one full size 45 and a commander size 9mm. Both superb firearms. I bought the 45 when I was right out of high school for 400$ new, and the 9mm last year for ~$760.

Re: Everything 1911 - 02/08/16 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Elpatoloco
Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Do they differentiate classes by mag capacity and caliber? In IDPA, a guy shooting a single stack 1911in 45acp was not grouped with a double stack glock in 9.

I won't set foot back in the Indoor place in Abilene. One fella who I believe was the owner is a stand up guy. Never a problem and offers sound advise. He has too many armchair commandos, that spout their B.S. on the payroll for my liking.

I'd be interested in info in the Whichita Falls area matches. I have a son in school up there who also runs 1911s and would enjoy matches.

Yes, there are divisions for different equipment. Sorry you feel that way about the indoor range. It's usually a fun, simple match.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum