Texas Hunting Forum

PSA complaint: am I wrong?.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 06:53 PM

Found an upper I wanted from PSA, I have never ordered from them before.

Clicked on item for 299.99' entered all pertinent info, shipping etc. got to checkout and the price as higher by 60 bucks.

So I called to talk to a human, "Travis" then tells me that they may only offer 1 at that price and I had to be first to it. I told him that didn't sound very fair and the price should be honored.

I don't think it's fair you click on an item that they have it and the price can go up at checkout. I understand if its "sold out". But not at higher price....
Posted By: chalet

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 06:57 PM

That's strange. Which item?
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:06 PM

6.8 upper, 16 inch. Was 299 now 359. Still seems like a good deal, but didn't care for the price may change during the purchase process. Said sometimes it will drop and sometime it will rise.

Never drops for me, my luck..

This was yesterday.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:19 PM

Was that an email special or just on their site? I don't like that at all if that's truly the way they're doing business.

Edit-they had a 6.8 in yesterday's email blast, but the price in my email says $359. I never saw it at $299.

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:20 PM

Odd, I would think you'd be charged whatever price is listed when you hit add to cart. I actually saw that yesterday @ $299 and thought it was a decent deal.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:21 PM

Did you add a BCG or opt for a longer barrel? That's happened to me a couple times
Posted By: rentzington

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:26 PM

strange, i know they often do a limited quantity at a specific price..if you exited the cart and page and came back did it then say sold out?
either way a little odd, and you'd think they would honor the discount for someone calling in about it.
Posted By: GLC

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:41 PM

Wow, I have purchased from them a couple of times in the past with no problem. One was even an e-mail sale.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:41 PM

It's pretty much the same thing some car dealers do. Have one unit on sale at a great price and it goes fast. They just want to get you to their store and hope they can sell you an upgrade. Deceitful and sleezy and pretty much tells you everything you need to know about that dealership.

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 07:56 PM

I have ordered a few times from PSA and so far I've had no issues. Only complaint is I ordered a couple uppers along with 2 BCG and CH's. They shipped each upper in its own rifle sized box and separate box for the BCG/CH's when it could have easily gone in one box and saved some coin on shipping.
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: PSA complaint: am I wrong?. - 01/29/16 08:11 PM

I have ordered a bcg from them and by the time I got all the checkout process finished, it was sold out. So when you add something to your cart, it doesn't "hold" it for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum