Texas Hunting Forum

I need to ship a muzzle loader

Posted By: Booner1

I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 09:34 PM

I need to ship a muzzle loader to a friend in Minnesota, what carrier can I use to legally ship it?
Posted By: jdickey

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 10:04 PM

Check UPS, however they may require you to ship it to a FFL Dealer.
Posted By: Texasteach

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 10:20 PM

Any carrier. Individual to individual, no ffl required, nor does it need to be declared.
Posted By: Blank

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 10:32 PM

Yes, it is not considered a firearm, so no restrictions. I prefer to buy a cheap $20-30 plastic case, and box it up. Ensure it is clean and unloaded, box it up and send direct to the receiver.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 10:37 PM

A Muzzle Loader isn't considered a firearm,you don't have to fill out a form 4473 on them in order to buy one. Box it up real good,and take it to the post office and mail it to them.
Just make sure you clean it real good no matter who you ship it with. Gun powder residue is easily detected by canine units that are used by almost all shippers if it gets sent by plane to the destination.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/24/16 11:12 PM

Any carrier as stated. I would take it apart and his it broken down. Make it look less "gun like" and less likely to be stolen. Insure it for full value.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/26/16 02:57 PM

UPS is usually a pain, if you say its a gun, chances they will ask for ffl, USPS is the best way to go
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/26/16 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45
UPS is usually a pain, if you say its a gun, chances they will ask for ffl, USPS is the best way to go

Yep, I would just ship it USPS.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: I need to ship a muzzle loader - 01/26/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: colt45

Yep, I would just ship it USPS.

Why would you say it's a gun when it isn't?
confused2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum