Texas Hunting Forum

Stock for Savage 111 TH XP

Posted By: firemedic142

Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/01/16 12:02 AM

i am looking to replace the stock on my 111 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06. Please list brands with recommendations and a price. Any help you could provide would be appreciated. i am going to have a solid stock to help improve accuracy
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/01/16 01:38 AM

One options is for an outfit called Stockade Guns Stocks. They sort of specialize in savage stocks and are full alumni bedded stocks with various degrees of finish and their respective prices.

Then there is always the good ole reliable Bell and Carlson stocks. U can use a website like stockystocks.com.

In all honesty, neither will give u a huge noticeable increase in accuracy.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/01/16 01:46 PM

Manners - McMillan - Choate - H S Precision - Bell & Carlson - Boyds - Stockade
There are all kinds of stocks made for your rifle. Wood, Laminate, Composite, it just depends on the style you want, and how much you want to spend.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/01/16 07:36 PM

If you are on a budget, try Boyds first. Great quality, reasonable prices.
Posted By: firemedic142

Re: Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/02/16 02:40 AM

What is the best for the money regarding the performance of the stock?
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Stock for Savage 111 TH XP - 01/02/16 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: firemedic142
What is the best for the money regarding the performance of the stock?

Stockade Gunstocks "Prairiedog/ Tactical". I have that one, and at half the price of a Manners or McMillan it is a huge bargain! Vertical grip, aluminum spine, sling swivels into hardware, not the fiberglass. The "money saver" option will get you out the door for less than $275-ish last I checked. You do some minor body filling, prime and paint. Piece of cake!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum