Texas Hunting Forum

Need Opinions

Posted By: cerda12

Need Opinions - 12/30/15 03:34 PM

What do y'all think? Is the Benelli Supernova worth the extra bill over the Nova? It will be used for dove hunting and a little duck hunting. And the occasional brother vs brother skeet competition.

I asked in another sections but no luck. Hopefully y'all can help out.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 03:51 PM

only difference is 3.5" shells, correct?

If so, I have a Benelli Super Black Eagle II and I shot 3.5" at geese and it beat me down!!!

I think the 3" is plenty for your intended use, maybe when you trade up to the SBE......but that's my opinion.

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 03:58 PM

The 28" Nova also shoots 3.5". But like you said 3" would be all that I need.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 04:08 PM

The basic nova still shoots 3.5" shells.
The only difference when I bought mine about, 7years ago, was the stock. It had some adjustable parts to it. Otherwise they were identical. At the time, my decision was no it wasn't worth the extra bill.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 06:01 PM

Spend the difference on this=>
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/764208/benelli-mercury-recoil-reducer-benelli-nova-14-oz12-gauge

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 07:37 PM

What if we threw in the Stoeger M3000, which is a semi-auto, into the mix? It's the same price as the Supernova.
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 09:38 PM

Haha, I went through the same thought process years ago. The following may not help at all...

At the time I decided to get the regular nova because I couldn't see any reasonable benefit for the super. If I wanted to spend that much, I was to skeptical about a cheaper semi. So I figured the clear choice was save money and get a regular nova because I'd be pissed if I bought a cheaper semi that didn't work well when I knew the basic nova would always work. And it had for me for years even though I abused mine a bit (dropped it in seawater, poked stuff with the barrel, stood around in the rain, etc). It was great and never regretted it. But this was clearly a case of not knowing how good good can be.

Fast forward and I acquire an over under and then my beretta urika 2 and the semi is all I ever shoot since I got it about 4 years ago, both hunting and sporting. If I had to go back and ONLY have one shotgun, if try my best to get the best semi I can.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Need Opinions - 12/30/15 11:33 PM

KR IS A BADASS
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck
If I had to go back and ONLY have one shotgun, if try my best to get the best semi I can.

up
Posted By: Nick1

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 01:27 AM

If on a limited budget, get an beretta a300 semi auto. Awesome shotgun!
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 01:51 AM

Nova.

Or a Mossberg 930.

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 03:03 AM

I do like the look of that A300. I don't know if I personally consider that a budget gun. grin
Posted By: chemdawg

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 03:25 AM

If any one want them i have some 3in mag turkey loads for a 12 gage I cant shoot them they are way way to much for me to handle my dad bout them they are winchester and i think some remeinton just pay the 5$ flat rate and there yours i can look but i know its over 30 or my dad was really in to turkey hunting to be honest i looked forward more to spring turkey then deer nothing like using a mouth reed hearing that big old gobbler calling back coming in all puffed out only to fined to its a shot gun and not a hen waiting for him getting them in to 25 30 yards ws a rush i never got from deer it was more of a food hunt i never really thought of it like i did turkey i would dress he'd to toe in camp came gloves screen came vail push box velcord to my pump 2 mouth reeds for different calls i did not know till this year ft had quite a few turkeys over the past year but i can shoot them and my son wont shoot them but they are free i have quit a fee i have some brinks slugs for a 12gag as well probably 30-40 my son like the hornity set 2 3/4 as do I i have some mag 12 smooth bore as well i believe they are just taking up space and i an they will just go bad if that s possible the price of slug2 one5$ cant even get you a box now days

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: cerda12
I do like the look of that A300. I don't know if I personally consider that a budget gun. grin

For a high quality semi auto, I respectfully disagree. If you are going pump, then yes. I encourage you to seriously consider a semi auto. You won't regret it. Semi auto is more fun when dove/ducks are flying overhead in my opinion. Plus, bass pro was offering 150 off any firearm when opening a bass credit card. AND, beretta had a 100$ dollar rebate. I now have 1k shells through it with zero issues. Good luck with whatever you choose. Happy new year!

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 03:32 AM

Do you know if they are still doing the $150 off? I can't find it on their website. Also, where have you seen the $100 rebate?

Happy New Year to you also.

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 03:54 AM

Found the rebate but was only good until July. That would have been nice. bang

Does Bass Pro have random coupons like Cabelas usually does?

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 04:25 AM

i think bass always offers the 150$ off when u open the cc account. If you're not in a hurry wait, the manufacturer always have rebates in the summer leading up to hunting seasons. My advice though, spend a little more the first time. I went in to get the nova pump because I just wanted the shotgun asap, but all my bird hunting buddies "kept saying get a semi, you'll want one later". I'm glad I have one now.

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 05:37 AM

Now you have got me looking into a semi. What do y'all think of the A300 to the Franchi Affinity Standard?
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 02:10 PM

I prefer the fit and feel of the Beretta, but that's just me. The Franchi is a good shotgun as well. Tough call, but were it my $$$ being spent, I'd go with Beretta

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 04:01 PM

Both very good, hold them both, get a feel. You're basically down to personal preferences. I'd still go a300, made in America, vs made in Italy, but that's just me. I never shot a franchi, but I also like that the a300 has minimal recoil, in my opinion.
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Nick1
You're basically down to personal preferences. I'd still go a300, made in America, vs made in Italy, but that's just me.

Heh, first time I've ever heard that someone prefers a "a made in America" gun over an Italian one from an Italian gun company!

The Franchi and the A300 are different animals. Franchi is inertia driven, where the Beretta is a gas gun. For me, the Beretta felt better when shouldering... Both are good guns, handle and choose.

As far as the Stoeger M3000, my buddy bought one for his son and they both love the gun. Has ran well for them for a couple of seasons now. Also inertia driven like the Franchi.

Re: Need Opinions - 12/31/15 11:54 PM

So, I went by Gander Mountain today to check out the guns. Both the A300 and the M3000 fit. I thought the action of the inertia driven M3000 was a lot smoother. But, at the same time since I already have an over under Beretta I think it would be nice to stick with the Beretta. No doubt a hard decision.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum