Texas Hunting Forum

Suppressor

Posted By: Vosstxhntr

Suppressor - 12/15/15 12:51 AM

I will have my trust complete this Thursday. Where is the best place to purchase a suppressor?

Thanks
Posted By: hdfireman

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 01:08 AM

Depending on what manufacture you are wanting but Silencer Shops is hard to beat.
Posted By: Vosstxhntr

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 01:13 AM

Thanks
Posted By: 300_WizzM

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 01:46 AM

I used silencer shop as well. Very happy with their service.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 02:09 AM

Yep, Silencershop is a pretty awesome to deal with.
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 02:19 AM

Silencer shop will have a trust set up and all paperwork done in 5 minutes.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 02:48 AM

Not to sound like a broken record, but ... Silencer Shop.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 02:56 AM

I went with Silencershop and have no complaint. However, be sure you have your CHL or find out if they can run your check ahead of time if traveling to pick up your suppressor. A guy was trying to pick his up when I was there and his for.m got 'delayed' after he'd driven 200 miles one way. He had to leave empty handed and was not happy.
Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 03:19 AM

I've gone with silencershop for several of my purchases, but if you are looking for Silencerco look elsewhere. They are no longer a dealer with silencerco.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: stxhunter
I've gone with silencershop for several of my purchases, but if you are looking for Silencerco look elsewhere. They are no longer a dealer with silencerco.

That's good to know. I've bought a couple of SilencerCo from them in the past. Great products.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 02:59 PM

SilencerShop used to be the place, but they have since lost some of the big manufacturers.

Capitol Armory is where I usually shop now.

Some of the local stores in DFW actually sell suppressors cheaper then online if you're willing to look.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 04:14 PM

I've bought mine through local dealers except for the one I bought from Dakota Silencers.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 04:18 PM

SS is great.

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 04:37 PM

They have silencerco cans listed on their website right now.......
Posted By: Dien

Re: Suppressor - 12/15/15 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

Google it and the answer you seek you will find.
Just because someone is selling something doesn't mean they are a dealer.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: Suppressor - 12/16/15 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Dien

On the SilencerCo website. Silencer Shop is listed as a dealer. So they haven't updated that yet. Maybe they are waiting for Silencer Shop to run out of inventory first.
http://silencerco.com/find-a-dealer/
Zip code: 78750

From what I have found Silencer Shop was selling SilencerCo suppressors below the Minimum Advertised Price stated in the agreement they had with SilencerCo. Good if you are a customer, bad if you are a competing dealer.
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: Suppressor - 12/16/15 02:47 AM

About a year ago silencerco recommend silencer shop as their preferred Texas dealer when I called and asked. I know things change. I've purchased from silencer shop 3 times and was 100% satisfied twice then they didn't submit my paperwork for two months the last purchase. Can't say I'm too thrilled about the griffin armament can they recommended this last time either. I will try someone else next time, partly because of the 3 hr drive and partly due to the last experience.
Posted By: Mook

Re: Suppressor - 12/16/15 12:36 PM

Capitol armory also has a payment plan but will send for your stamp as soon as you start payments
Posted By: ccoker

Re: Suppressor - 12/16/15 04:10 PM

Silencer Shop is good people
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Suppressor - 12/17/15 12:51 AM

I thought Texas people couldn't buy direct anymore...

Re: Suppressor - 12/17/15 01:41 AM

But since they are still selling them on their website that has zero bearing on the availability to purchase them from silencershop.
Posted By: Texaslawman

Re: Suppressor - 12/18/15 04:43 PM

SilencerShop used to be the place, but they have since lost some of the big manufacturers.

Capitol Armory is where I usually shop now.

Some of the local stores in DFW actually sell suppressors cheaper then online if you're willing to look.

Lot of misinformation going on SilencerShop explains the silencerco situation on their blog and have enough stock to keep selling them for several months. As for loosing several big manufacturers the only major brand I know of is the new company Dead Air and SilencerShop decided not to carry them for now.

Now for the not selling to people in Texas that is false also now they ship it to your local dealer. Customers benifit by not having to drive to Austin and the local shops benifit by getting buisness. The only people who would not benifit from that are people who lived within a 30 minute drive from the SilencerShop store, and other silencer dealers of course.
Posted By: OutdoorAggie

Re: Suppressor - 12/18/15 07:49 PM

What's the cost for the trust/stamp?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Suppressor - 12/18/15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: OutdoorAggie
What's the cost for the trust/stamp?

Tax stamp is $200. I paid $45 for my trust from another source and Silencershop said it was perfect. I think they charge ~$100 for theirs.

Re: Suppressor - 12/19/15 12:38 AM

Silencer Shop did not violate any agreements.
I know the owner well.

http://blog.silencershop.com/silencerco-silencer-shop/
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Suppressor - 12/19/15 12:43 AM

Business is business. Each must look to his own best interest and there's nothing wrong with doing so. American Express used to do business with CostCo, now they do business with Sam's Club. It's the way of the world.

Re: Suppressor - 12/19/15 04:42 AM

Yep
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum