Texas Hunting Forum

New Tikka bottom metal option

Posted By: T Bone

New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/14/15 03:34 PM

Apparently there will be an OEM version & AICS to follow after that..

https://tikkaperformance.com/tikka-t3-bottom-metal
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/14/15 03:40 PM

Nice
Posted By: tth_40

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/14/15 06:34 PM

I like it. Decent price too.

Looks drop-in ready. If it is, I'm in for 2.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/14/15 10:36 PM

I'll add that they are standup folks. I ordered their steel pic rail for my Tikka and they were delayed so sent me a free aluminum pic rail while waiting for the steel unit. I was very impressed with their customer service.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/15/15 01:57 AM

They cashed my credit card and gave me the story but they had a specific product I wanted. I used their base on my recent build
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/15/15 02:48 AM

I like it, but do y'all think it would be worth it?
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/15/15 04:28 PM

Yes, it is worth it. For my Tikka I want to replace the stock first then get this bottom metal.

I plan on having a 5 round magazine for hunting and a 10 round magazine for target shooting.
Posted By: Normanpig

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/17/15 07:37 PM

I Had to email them because somehow I accidentally bought 2.... They fixed it and I politely asked for a rough ETA. They just emailed the below back to me. I thought y'all would like to know.

Hopefully next week if we keep our fingers crossed, but could be pushed back till the week after Christmas.
Posted By: Crews

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/18/15 04:12 PM

There has been a replacement DBM available for Tikka T3 for a while now, from CDI. I have one of their units on my 6.5 rifle, nice product, good folks!

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/22/15 10:55 PM

Shipped today!

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/22/15 11:24 PM

WOOHOO!!!! Pix when you get it if you can! cheers
Posted By: T Bone

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/23/15 02:44 AM

banana

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/28/15 12:27 AM

So it works good on the factory stock. Bad news is the factory screws seem to be to short on my bell and Carlson.... So I have an email in to them on recommendations.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/28/15 12:51 AM

It sure does look good. There are also metal bolt shrouds out there, if I understand correctly.

I like the shape of the trigger guard.
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 01:51 AM

Takes oem mags?

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Normanpig

So it works good on the factory stock. Bad news is the factory screws seem to be to short on my bell and Carlson.... So I have an email in to them on recommendations.

That would be an issue for me as well.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 12:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Normanpig

Do you have a hardware store there, and a few dollars? - Take the screw that is too short with you, and buy one with the same thread pitch and diameter that is slightly longer.

There's nothing special about action screws, they are just screws. If you want something fancy, get one that is just like you like.

I wind up buying stainless screws most of the time, even though the chance of rust being a problem is vanishingly small.

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 08:02 PM

Yep sir

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 08:05 PM

Have you gotten an email reply on the factory screws yet?

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 12/29/15 11:20 PM

No response so far. They may be off this week? I have not gone screw shopping yet. I may give that a shot next week after I try and execute some mammals with it this weekend.

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 01/01/16 01:20 AM

Hi Kyle,

It seems that the B&C inlet is incorrect. They didn't inlet it deep enough
and it's causing issues with our bottom metal.

We stopped selling B&C because 25% of the stocks we received were defective.

I know Jason is thinking of a solution that will allow shooters to use our
bottom metal with the B&C stock.

Here we are.......
Posted By: Anton Chigurh

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 01/01/16 01:31 PM

I don't doubt what they say about the B&C stocks Norman. I've purchase 2 now for Tikka T3 lites, and with both the bedding block was set crooked enough in the stock that the barrel was way off center in the channel. One I returned, the other I had bedded and straightened up to the point it works well. I like the B&C stocks for the price, but it seems if the bedding block isn't set perfectly in the stocks the barreled action doesn't fit well. This is especially true with tikkas, because the recoil lug is part of the bedding block.

I don't why their new OEM bottom metal doesn't fit when the factory does though...
Posted By: crash700

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 01/16/16 08:57 PM

I installed the bottom metal on my rifle and its very difficult to get the magazine out of the rifle. I have not tried cycling any rounds, but if I wanted to do a quick mag change, thats not possible.
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 01/17/16 12:34 AM

crash700, have you tried different torques on the bottom screws? In general, the front screw can be torqued a fair amount (I have ready 35 to 50 in-lbs) but I don't believe the back screw needs much torque. Just a thought.
Posted By: JD4030

Re: New Tikka bottom metal option - 01/17/16 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Anton Chigurh
I don't doubt what they say about the B&C stocks Norman. I've purchase 2 now for Tikka T3 lites, and with both the bedding block was set crooked enough in the stock that the barrel was way off center in the channel. One I returned, the other I had bedded and straightened up to the point it works well. I like the B&C stocks for the price, but it seems if the bedding block isn't set perfectly in the stocks the barreled action doesn't fit well. This is especially true with tikkas, because the recoil lug is part of the bedding block.

I don't why their new OEM bottom metal doesn't fit when the factory does though...

Had this same issue and returned mine as well. Called B&C and they were nice enough, but it seems they are aware of it and didn't offer a solution. "Our stocks fit the Tikka action we use for the mold". Well, that's great and all..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum