Texas Hunting Forum

New Remington micro pistol

Posted By: Colt W. Knight

New Remington micro pistol - 12/08/15 11:52 PM

http://www.remingtonhandguns.com/rm380

Do you think anyone is going to go for this after the last debacle?
Posted By: ralph

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 12:22 AM

Why would anyone? Not with all the RELIABLE and WELL MADE "micro" competition out there. Remington's reputation has taken quite a beating the past few years and it seems the owners are no longer motivated to produce quality.
Posted By: TDK

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 01:28 AM

That trigger has a ton of pre-travel!
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 02:20 AM

Meh.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:08 AM

I wouldn't poopoo it before handling one, but my expectations aren't very high. At all.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:10 AM

...and speaking of Remington debacles, I don't understand why they didn't just set up to build the 51 the way it was originally designed. Build those with decent quality, and they could sell a lot of them. But they had to go and fix what weren't broke!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: ralph
Why would anyone? Not with all the RELIABLE and WELL MADE "micro" competition out there. Remington's reputation has taken quite a beating the past few years and it seems the owners are no longer motivated to produce quality.

Fan boys. That's all I can figure. Some people just haven't accepted Big Green's fate.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:19 AM

Originally Posted By: LFD2037
Meh.

Beat me to it.

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:34 AM

Check out the price on this Ruger LCP $210. Ive heard the new Remmys are going to cost closer to a Sig 238

http://www.kygunco.com/ruger-lcp-black-380-acp-pistol-275-barrel-6-round-blue-polymer-pistol-23923
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/09/15 03:58 AM

I've been a Remington fan my whole life but they are WAAAAAAAY late to the handgun party, and with all their problems I don't know that I would ever buy another Remington product.
Posted By: Earl

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/10/15 05:44 PM

It saddens me more than anything else in the gun world (other than gun control) as to the reputation Remington has these days. I've used Remington products most of my life. My shotguns are older Remington 1100 and 870 Wingmasters, one of my prized .22's is a 1965 Remington Nylon 66, my ONLY deer rifle - a 60's era .270 M700 BDL...I'd argue with anyone that there was a time when Remington made the best damn rifles and shotguns made (if anyone wanted to even take up that argument)...sadly that time has passed. But I'll still continue to use the old Remy's until I die and then they will be used by my sons and their sons. Hell even my camo cap and my camo hunting backpack are Remy marked smile
Posted By: Wildhorse

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/10/15 10:35 PM

A bunch of naval gazing here guys. stir Try to cheer up. banana

I actually picked one up a couple weeks ago and have shot it and completely disassembled it. Not much to report except that it works as advertised. Mine fed Monarch brand and Hornaday XTP ammunition just fine and feeding was very smooth.

The things I like best are the excellent checkering, the traditional metal construction, the longer (from front to back grip), excellent mag release, and very good DAO trigger with double strike capability and no false reset.

They're readily available at Academy stores for around $350. I think they are a good value, especially if you're getting bored with plastic pistols.
Posted By: KC

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/12/15 03:06 AM

Looks like a little Rorhbaugh R9. I could see buying one if that were the only gun I was going to own and I wanted more than just functionality, but I don't see what it offers that the LCP doesn't.

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/12/15 03:28 AM

Remington bought the design and rights from Rohrbaugh, I believe. The last time they decided to design and manufacture a pistol, the whole thing went tits up for them.

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/12/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Colt W. Knight
Remington bought the design and rights from Rohrbaugh, I believe.

Correct.

I shot it some more this morning. It's an accurate little rascal
Posted By: KC

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/14/15 03:15 AM

Make it in a 9mm and I'm interested...

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/14/15 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: KC
but I don't see what it offers that the LCP doesn't.

A certain "je ne sais quoi."

Originally Posted By: KC
Make it in a 9mm and I'm interested...

I doubt you'll have to wait very long.

I've played with mine a little bit and it looks like with an update to the springs, a barrel change, and taking the spacer out of the magazine design, these should be readily reconfigurable for production in 9mm.

Posted By: LFD2037

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/14/15 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Wildhorse

Must be in the way it shoots because it certainly isn't in the way it looks!

Re: New Remington micro pistol - 12/14/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: LFD2037
Originally Posted By: Wildhorse

Must be in the way it shoots because it certainly isn't in the way it looks!

Yeah I think I may be a little spoiled for looks by my Glocks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum