Texas Hunting Forum

Remington r25 in 7mm08

Posted By: fbchunter

Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 01:07 AM

Getting my R25 later this week. I think its a Dpms with remington written on it. Couple buddies have them and like em. Any suggestions on spare magazines, supposedly you can use dpms 308 mags but people have problems with them feeding. Also anyone who has one have any suggestions on ammo and a replacement trigger? Thanks
Posted By: BushFamilyNine

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 01:20 AM

Is this a G1 or G2? I've been itching to pull the trigger on a G2 in 7mm-08, but have not seen them building those yet.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 01:28 AM

It may be a DPMS that's rebranded, but I don't think it is. I was dead set on buying one a few years ago and after handling a few of them I decided not to. The fit and finish wasn't what I thought a $1200+ rifle should have. The camp pattern did a good job of masking the large gap between the upper and lower, the charging handle would get stuck on the rear stock. If you could find a DPMS, I think you will see a much better quality build. Just my 2cents

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 01:35 AM

I am not a gun guru guys so not sure on your questions or concerns. I have two buddies that each have one, one has a couple, and they are both happy with them. Order is placed so i cant/wont back out now. Not really looking for reviews, just answers for my questions, although i truly appreciate your feedback and concerns
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 02:18 AM

Does Remington suggest any particular load? - I ask because autoloaders generally tend to work best with a particular bullet weight, etc.. - It may be that a load is suggested in the manual. If so, I'd try to stick with that if I could.

Just a shot in the dark here, but if I were taking delivery of a R25 in 7mm-08 and saw no suggestion in the manual, I'd try the 139 grain and 140 grain factory loads first. They seem to be the most popular ones for hunting with the 7mm-08.

The gun will probably function with any factory load - but there will be one bullet weight that reliably cycles the action without stressing it unduly, and my guess for that would be 139-140 grain loads.

Just a guess though. Keep asking around.
Posted By: bo3

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: fbchunter
Getting my R25 later this week. I think its a Dpms with remington written on it. Couple buddies have them and like em. Any suggestions on spare magazines, supposedly you can use dpms 308 mags but people have problems with them feeding. Also anyone who has one have any suggestions on ammo and a replacement trigger? Thanks

They are built by dpms. The dpms mags will work. I've never had problems with mine. Magpul also makes mags for it. Giesiel triggers are the best I've used.

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: bo323

They are built by dpms. The dpms mags will work. I've never had problems with mine. Magpul also makes mags for it. Giesiel triggers are the best I've used.

Do you have the exact same gun and caliber? Good to know on the mags. If you are shooting same gun what you shooting out of it? Thanks guys for any information
Posted By: bo3

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: bo323

Do you have the exact same gun and caliber? Good to know on the mags. If you are shooting same gun what you shooting out of it? Thanks guys for any information

No mine is a dpms lr308 in 308. I have a 16" and 24" uppers.

Re: Remington r25 in 7mm08 - 12/08/15 02:30 PM

Bump
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum