Texas Hunting Forum

What is it worth?

Posted By: NewJeep

What is it worth? - 11/23/15 09:19 PM

What would you put market value on this gun?
Winchester M70 NON-CRF
Laminate stock-bedded and pillared
Custom Barrel
Timney trigger
6.5x284
Thinking about selling a few toys and it might be on chopping block. Time for me to get serious about buying land.
NOT INCLUDING OPTICS

Posted By: syncerus

Re: What is it worth? - 11/23/15 11:07 PM

Come up with a round retail number, put it in the classifieds and drop your price $25/week until it sells or you decide to keep it.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: What is it worth? - 11/23/15 11:26 PM

Nice looking shooter for sure...and +1 on what Syncerus said.

You might go see Bobby on South San Pedro and see what he'd offer...and mebbe double that for a Starting Retail. IMO Somebody else's customs are an acquired taste, and I'd not be in a hurry this late in the Hunting Year...as I'd look at something like this as a Next Years Gun...
Ron
Posted By: 7x57

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 12:13 AM

Wew lad, that's a nice one.

Shouldn't be hard to sell something that pretty!
Posted By: Cleric

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 12:25 AM

Who did the rebarrel?

The problem with semi custom is that if you can find someone else who wants that exact set up, you can get a good price for it. But the more it is customized to you, the less you will get for it on the market. For example i like that set up but prefer remington actions and composite stocks.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 02:21 AM

If you REALLY wanna know what it's worth, put it on Gunbroker in a no-reserve auction. If you do such a thing, though, be damned careful how you list it.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 02:57 AM

You need to provide a complete list of parts and who did the work. Which custom barrel, who chambered it, the more information the better. Any information the buyer does't have will lower the price they're willing to pay.
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 03:34 AM

Man you are selling a lot of stuff here lately, wish I could spring for that Can AM, Surprised your brother in law did not jump all over this one

We did the work, its a really nice one, shoots awesome with the 130 and the 129 factory loads. Its a benchmark 1/8 twist. Post up some of the groups and animals you shot.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 03:49 AM

i thought it was one of your's based on the picture.

she looks nice...
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
Who did the rebarrel?

The problem with semi custom is that if you can find someone else who wants that exact set up, you can get a good price for it. But the more it is customized to you, the less you will get for it on the market. For example i like that set up but prefer remington actions and composite stocks.

+1. You never get what you put into a custom. Just like on cars most of the time. I would start out about 3/4 of what I had in it and go from there.

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 12:31 PM

Just simplifying life preparing to purchase land. If it isn't a necessity it is on chopping block
Posted By: catslayer

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 03:47 PM

you must have some amazing rifles if this on is on the block...

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 06:13 PM

You should see the 4 seater can am he has on Facebook for sale, thing is awesome

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 06:16 PM

Derrick you need it! I will make you a smoking deal on it.

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 06:28 PM

Don't need it but like it.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What is it worth? - 11/24/15 06:40 PM

Don't know, and I'm really not in the market for that type of rig, but, remember me if you start cleaning out the gun cabinet...I'm about the closest THF'er to you, remember?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum