Texas Hunting Forum

BIGBOYS TV

Posted By: Buzzsaw

BIGBOYS TV - 11/16/15 02:34 AM

hey Derrick, are you a sponsor for this show?
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/16/15 10:31 PM

We did build them 2 guns but did not renew yet this year. I have to ask why? peep I am on the fence of tv shows anymore.

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/17/15 12:31 AM

PM sent Derrick
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/17/15 03:41 AM

Yes, me too! I've "sponsored" guys with free ammo to get props on a new show and each time nothing gets mentioned about my company. If I do it again, it will be in writing with specific details in writing for each party.

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/17/15 11:59 PM

I think the advertising is good, IF you get enough bang for your $$. Like I was telling Derrick, I'm a huge watcher of all the Outdoor TV shows. While watching "Brush Country Monsters" TV show, McWhorter Rifles/Meopta was a huge sponsor of the show. The rifles were a big part of the show, McWhorter had an advertisement on the show plus were featured in a couple episodes.

The show really did "sell" me on buying one of their high dollar rifles. Thank goodness it is living up "as advertised".

I'm an "all day sucker" for buying stuff for my loves, guns and hunting. I have bought many of the items I see advertised, re; BIG&J deer blocks, Ever Calm scents (Conquest 200, TV show), Berger bullets, Nightforce Optics, etc., etc.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/18/15 03:28 PM

Speaking from years of experience dealing with business type deals, you really should discuss and agree upon what each party is expected to do. If you are working your side of the deal with just assumptions as to what will happen, you will be disappointed.

You could just use email to outline your expectations and have the other party respond and agree. That's probably simple and fast enough, though it isn't a legal document.
Posted By: boonee

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/19/15 01:49 AM

Yep, I'm out also. Same "deal" as Chad did, "sponsored" AR rifles, ammo, and scopes. Only got "a friend built this" or a good friend supplied this/that. Or a very quick glimpse of the company name as the "credits" rolled through.
NEVER made a sell off any of our sponsorships.
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: BIGBOYS TV - 11/19/15 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
Speaking from years of experience dealing with business type deals, you really should discuss and agree upon what each party is expected to do. If you are working your side of the deal with just assumptions as to what will happen, you will be disappointed.

You could just use email to outline your expectations and have the other party respond and agree. That's probably simple and fast enough, though it isn't a legal document.

Been there done that, ran our own tv show for 2 years, no one can represent your products like you want the represented, no matter the contract it has never been a winning deal for me unless I am the one in front of or behind the camera.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum