Texas Hunting Forum

Mossberg Patriot feedback

Posted By: coachmas

Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/01/15 08:08 PM

Anyone own a Mossberg patriot rifle? I would like to hear some feedback. Looking at making a purchase for my son closer to Christmas. Looking at either 243 or 270 and not wanting to debate which caliber just the quality and accuracy of the gun from first hand experience. Thanks Coach
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/02/15 12:37 AM

I haven't fired one, but I will say that it looks much better than the Ruger American, or the Savage Axis.

It doesn't have that hokey look of the other two, it looks like a real rifle.

This is unusual, because formerly Mossberg was famous for producing rifles with that "pregnant guppy" look that you'd be ashamed to show up at the range with.

The Patriot though is a nice looking firearm.

They must have had a retirement, or hired somebody new at Mossberg... Whatever it was, I'm glad about it. - About time!

I'll be surprised if it's not as good a shooter as the American or the Axis.

Posted By: patriot07

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/02/15 02:40 AM

Never shot the patriot but my little brother has the Mossberg 100 ATR in 270 and it's a very good shooter for the $. Would be surprised if the patriot wasn't.
Posted By: TCB

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/02/15 01:06 PM

Looked at one at Academy the other day in .308. Very nice feeling gun and looks good as well. Academy has a package deal with a Vortex scope somewhere in the $400 - $500 range.

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/03/15 01:44 AM

I checked and Boyds makes seven different stock designs for the Patriot. I may have to buy one and see what can be done with it.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/03/15 01:24 PM

I've been eyeing them myself. One of a few bolt action rifles in that price range that are available with a wood stock. I just can't get used to plastic stocks on a deer rifle.

Re: Mossberg Patriot feedback - 11/03/15 05:58 PM

- A pretty nice-looking wood stock, too. I finally got to see some close-up pictures and it's not bad, not bad at all.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum