Texas Hunting Forum

Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms

Posted By: KRoyal

Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 03:36 AM

Drove to Carrollton and dropped off my upper, lower, rail, and buffer tube for his same day special Cerakote. Decided to go with burnt bronze because it's just sexy smile. Christian did an awesome job barely had enough time to go to the range and test some loads before he called and said it was ready. Very fast turn around time. Thanks Christian up up got it all out back together tonight when my new parts kit came in and new trigger. Got the hiperfire EDT ready to go try it out but can already feel a huge difference over milspec trigger.

Posted By: BassCat'99

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 12:26 PM

Good lookin rifle there!
Posted By: splash556

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 12:27 PM

Looks great.
Posted By: hdfireman

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 12:42 PM

Christian does really nice work. Sweet looking rig Sir
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 12:58 PM

Really nice K!!! That is the best color scheme!

I'm scared to take mine apart and get it coated, afraid it wont shoot as good if I do....

I have found a couple coaters who will doo it all for a small fee.

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 10/31/15 02:04 PM

Thanks guys I really like it. The pics of course do it no justice. Buzz I cussed several times last night when putting it back together and I've done this several times now. If you don't have the correct tools to do it and they only charge a small I'd just get them to do it. They mess something up they're liable for it lol. You mess something up its all on you. Thank goodness I had a few detents left over from another build, those things launch like a rocket.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: KRoyal
Thanks guys I really like it. The pics of course do it no justice. Buzz I cussed several times last night when putting it back together and I've done this several times now. If you don't have the correct tools to do it and they only charge a small I'd just get them to do it. They mess something up they're liable for it lol. You mess something up its all on you. Thank goodness I had a few detents left over from another build, those things launch like a rocket.

Gallon size Zip lock bags are your friend!! LOL
I learned a long time ago to assemble small parts with springs inside a plastic bag,they don't fly as far.

That rifle looks great! I'm going to have him coat my 6.5-06 after deer season,I didn't want to take it all apart before hunting season.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 02:23 AM

Man I launched a spring from my kitchen table to the front door once lol.

I really like burnt bronze
Posted By: Western

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 03:15 AM

That really looks sharp! up Kind of biased on the color too though grin

Posted By: Cleric

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 01:07 PM

I wouldn't mind doing that. I just don't want to take apart my ar...
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 01:29 PM

Looks good, Kyle.

Just the right amount of two tone bronze and black.

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhillbilly
Originally Posted By: KRoyal

Gallon size Zip lock bags are your friend!! LOL
I learned a long time ago to assemble small parts with springs inside a plastic bag,they don't fly as far.

That rifle looks great! I'm going to have him coat my 6.5-06 after deer season,I didn't want to take it all apart before hunting season.

Wow that's genius... Can't believe I've never thought of that.

Thanks everyone now I just need to shoot it. new trigger feels awesome, it's not geissele, but it feels pretty dang good and only $85 from Joeboboutfitters.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Shout out to Christian at Scalpel Arms - 11/01/15 05:08 PM

Christian did a barreled action for me, he does great work!

My next stock I might have him do a multicam pattern for me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum