Texas Hunting Forum

Sighting in peep sights

Posted By: jhenderson

Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 02:54 PM

Just installed some Williams peep sight on my Marlin. Is there any way of knowing if the front sight is 100% where it should be. Shot it a few times and think it may be off but knowing I'm not a veteran when it comes to peep sights I want to make sure it's me and not the line of sight.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 03:03 PM

I would have installed a rear blade with front post. I've never been very fond of peep sights for any amount of precision
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 03:28 PM

Shoot at short range, maybe 15 or 25 yards. Once you get it adjusted to shoot to point of aim at a short distance, you are ready to try at 50 or 100 yards.

Where did it shoot, and at what range? Were the bullet holes close together?

The more information you can give, the better answers you will get.

On a peep sight, the bullseye should be half-covered by the top of the front sight, or be just above it. You eye should automatically center the top of the front sight in the peep aperture. Concentrate on the front sight and the target, do not try to focus the peep hole.

Here is a good forum discussion about how to use a peep sight:

How to Use Peep sights

Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig
I would have installed a rear blade with front post. I've never been very fond of peep sights for any amount of precision

Tell that to Matthew Quigley. grin
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 04:08 PM

First it was high then got that down now it is to the right.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/20/15 07:21 PM

It sounds like you are getting there.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Sighting in peep sights - 10/21/15 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: BigPig

Tell that to ANY High Power shooter and they will laugh.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum