Texas Hunting Forum

Please Help - Need a part for a Mod. 70

Posted By: J.R.

Please Help - Need a part for a Mod. 70 - 10/20/15 01:49 PM

Years ago, my Dad sold me his "Wal-Mart special" Winchester Model 70 in .270 for the action. It had the black, synthetic stock. I took it completely apart and added a new barrel, trigger, and right-handed thumb-hole stock.

My lovely (left-handed) wife now wants to step up in power & caliber from her .223, so I went to re-install the black synthetic stock that came with the gun, only to find that the little black "escutcheon" is nowhere to be found. (It's the little black washer that keeps the stock screw from going all the way into the action.)

Any chance one of you fine gentlemen has one of those laying around after changing out a similar synthetic stock? I would happily pay you for it.

Thanks for any help!!

J.R.

two-one-four-636-five-seven-53

Re: Please Help - Need a part for a Mod. 70 - 10/20/15 02:04 PM

Nevermind...a young lady with Winchester just returned my call and is sending me the part today, no charge.

(Totally didn't expect that kind of service for a $.35 part...Go Winchester Customer Service!)
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Please Help - Need a part for a Mod. 70 - 10/20/15 02:24 PM

Thats great support. And for a great rifle.

Re: Please Help - Need a part for a Mod. 70 - 10/20/15 03:24 PM

Hate to put the black stock back on this baby & turn it over to my better half, but if she can connect with it, I guess it'll be worth it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum