Texas Hunting Forum

How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger

Posted By: tenyearsgone

How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 12:53 PM

I've never used a 2 stage and am wondering if there's any nuances compared to a single stage as far as technique. Is it just a matter of getting used to the slack? I will say the break is very crisp and light.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 01:31 PM

For hunting, I use them just like a single stage trigger.
For target shooting, that's where the 2 stage will let you shoot smaller groups. I run RRA NM 2 stage triggers in all my AR15 and AR10 style rifles.

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 01:44 PM

I was dry firing it in my gun room last night and taking up the slack before exhaling. When I reached the natural pause I squeezed it off. Is that the preferred method? The combo of this and their APEG grip feels really good in the hand.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: tenyearsgone
I was dry firing it in my gun room last night and taking up the slack before exhaling. When I reached the natural pause I squeezed it off. Is that the preferred method? The combo of this and their APEG grip feels really good in the hand.

Perfect technique. up
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: tenyearsgone

Perfect technique. up

Yup
Posted By: Cast

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/17/15 05:51 PM

Don't overthink it. The finger muscles will learn. I don't even feel them anymore. RR NM on mine.

Re: How to use a LaRue 2 stage trigger - 10/18/15 06:12 AM

Thanks for the help.

Hoping I can shave the extra .02 inches to finally get a .1 group.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum