Texas Hunting Forum

Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in

Posted By: cephus

Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 03:38 PM

alright, ordered a Beretta A300 Outlander in Max 5 camo last night and should receive it on Thursday. Other than breaking it down and oiling it up, are there any other things I should do to break in?

First semi-auto shotgun. Have been shooting pumps and OUs my whole life.

Any help appreciated.
Posted By: ju993rnaut

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 04:04 PM

I've got the wood version, just clean and shoot it.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 04:07 PM

do not use gun scrubber same room even or you will lose the camo. my semi autos shoot better a little dry and dirty than oily. if it allows 3.5", you might discover you can't shoot too light of loads on the 2 3/4".
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 04:16 PM

When I bought A300 Outlanders for my son and I, there was a sticker on the box that recommended breaking them in with heavy loads... So we shot some heavy dove loads that were 1 1/8 oz. of shot and at least 3 DRAM equivalent.

Guns work great and have cycled everything we have fed them, to include cheap promo loads from Winchester and Federal.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 08:17 PM

clean and shoot, no need for heavy loads. Mine functions with no hiccups and no "break in"

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 08:30 PM

sounds good guys, appreciate all the info.

can't wait to knock some doves down this weekend with it.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/29/15 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
do not use gun scrubber same room even or you will lose the camo. my semi autos shoot better a little dry and dirty than oily. if it allows 3.5", you might discover you can't shoot too light of loads on the 2 3/4".

I decided not to clean the outside with any type of solvent. I also wipe down the exterior with a dry cloth to remove any residual clp or oil from cleaning. Havent noticed any loss of camo yet.
Posted By: Nick1

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/30/15 01:28 AM

I have the camo version and it shoots flawlessly.. My first shotgun, still trying learn how to clean it effectively. I've read the manual, but I guess I'm visual and can't find any videos on this a300. Other than pushing a patch through barrel, how else are you cleaning it? Thanks for any tips.

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander Max 5 camo - break in - 09/30/15 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Nick1
I have the camo version and it shoots flawlessly.. My first shotgun, still trying learn how to clean it effectively. I've read the manual, but I guess I'm visual and can't find any videos on this a300. Other than pushing a patch through barrel, how else are you cleaning it? Thanks for any tips.

Only one I've found

A300 cleaning
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum