Texas Hunting Forum

Buying a suppressor in stages

Posted By: Bigfoot

Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/25/15 04:14 PM

I was wanting to split up the costs of buying a suppressor in stages if possible.

Can I just do one thing at a time?

Can I get a trust without having purchased the suppressor yet? Then buy stamp then buy suppressor? Maybe one every few months?

Is this possible?
Posted By: Judd

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/25/15 04:34 PM

Yes, you can set the trust up prior to the purchase of a suppressor. I guess you could buy the suppressor and then have the dealer(FFL) hold it until you're ready to send the stamp in.

Not how I would do it but I suppose it could be done that way.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/25/15 05:10 PM

There's not much point in buying one if you can't pay for the tax stamp at the same time. You can get the trust at any time, but save your money until you can pay for the suppressor and the stamp together.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/25/15 05:24 PM

You could buy the suppressor and have the dealer hold it, but I'm willing to be they won't do that in the event you never come back to buy the stamp. And you have to buy the suppressor to get the stamp because the stamp form has to have the serial number of the suppressor.

As Doc said, get your trust and then save to get the stamp and suppressor at the same time.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/25/15 05:44 PM

I believe Capitol Armory has a payment system while you wait for your Form 4 to clear.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/26/15 12:57 PM

good advice guys thanks for the info
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/26/15 01:47 PM

Get a zero interest credit card. Put the stamp and can on the card and pay it off in the 5 months it takes to get the stamp back.
Posted By: fast88

Re: Buying a suppressor in stages - 09/27/15 03:36 AM

Capitol armory payment plan is the way to go. You have to purchase a trust. When you are ready to buy you pick what you want and you pay the tax stamp (200$) then the tax for the item. Then you pay monthly for 4 or 5 months. Those guys are good to work with as well. I have bought 4 nfa items from them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum