Texas Hunting Forum

Colt Commander 9mm

Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Colt Commander 9mm - 09/19/15 11:09 PM

I've wanted a 9mm for a while since ammo is so much cheaper. When Colt reintroduced these 1911s in 9mm, I wanted one. Walked in to Sportsman warehouse and they had it on sale,so I figured why not just add one to my collection. I had decided I didn't want anymore new firearms (just classic or vintage), but I guess I am a sucker for anything Colt.

Re: Colt Commander 9mm - 09/19/15 11:11 PM

Re: Colt Commander 9mm - 09/20/15 03:53 AM

Went out to the dessert and put 300 rounds through it this evening. I had 3 boxes of Ultramax remanufactured ammo and some Blazer ammo. The ultramax was round nose lead, and it would not feed very well through my SW MP. I had one round hang up in the Colt, but after inspecting it, it was dinged and beat up pretty good so I am saying that it was just a bad shell. The ultramax stuff wasn't very accurate either. Basically, it wasn't worth a $#!+ . I am glad I got it all shot up, and gone. The blazer worked great and I was able to hit 2" target at 10 yards with no problems. The pistol shot well, and everything cycles smooth. The action was smooth out of the box ( much better than the Rugers, Smiths, and Italian pistols I bought in the last couple years) but really feels slick after 300 rounds.

One magazine, was a Colt "M" MIA mag, and the other had a SS follower and was made in Italy. The Itallian magazine, they actually took the time to sand the back and bottom weld seams smooth.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum