Texas Hunting Forum

AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK???????

Posted By: Buzzsaw

AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 07:29 PM

Hand guards confused2 , which one and why please. I need to make a decision tonight....
Posted By: BigPig

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 07:34 PM

I like keymod, Mlock is proprietary to Magpul, and I don't like all of Magpul's accessories
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 07:40 PM

KeyMod up
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 08:46 PM

Key-Mod

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 08:53 PM

thanks to Three very respectable members of THF
Posted By: Korean Redneck

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/16/15 10:14 PM

I forget to consider the cool factor of being the first one on the block with the latest and great.

If u had a keymod then u could only say, "hey nice keymod rail. I have one too."
As opposed to, "hey nice keymod rail. I was considering that but the mlok is just a vastly superior system."
Posted By: HuntFish512

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/17/15 05:18 PM

I have both, keymod on my fancy barreled side charger to show off the fluted barrel. Mlok on my 10.5in pistol mlok is here to stay magpul wouldn't pump money into it if it wasn't, check out mlok kinect mounts they are sweet!

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/17/15 05:21 PM

hummmmm
Posted By: wtjim

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/18/15 12:27 AM

m-lok
Posted By: Cleric

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/18/15 01:49 AM

Key mod was the original... Magpul has poured money into m lok

There are not too many accessories that come with either stock. They all require an adapter to use.

For key mod look at bcm as they have lots of accessories and are a big driver
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/18/15 04:25 AM

I have several Key Mod handguards and I am happy with them, I switched all of my railed handguards out. Downside is you have to order rail sections separately, but I hated having the rails on the side of my handguards, it sure made it uncomfortable to hold.
Posted By: ccreyeder

Re: AR experts!!! KEY MOD or M-LOK??????? - 09/18/15 06:45 PM

I have one of each... A BCM KMR keymod and a Midwest Industries SS M-lock. The BCM is lighter, feels better, looks better and seems to lock the add-on rails better. However, it is also 2X the cost. I think that will be the deciding factor as to which platform wins over the market down the road. Evidently, the key-mod is more expensive to produce.

You really cant go wrong with either. Both my key-mod and m-lock are 15" and both weigh less than the original carbine length plastic handguards that I had on my rifles... Cant make up your mind, do what I did, get 'em both! lol
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum