Texas Hunting Forum

Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club???

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 01:09 AM

Read where someone was loading a magazine, dropped a loaded round on the ground, round "went off" injuring the shooter??
May have it wrong but the EMS was called, anyone shed some fact s on this?
Posted By: JCB

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 01:19 AM

I heard about it on the radio. Don't know anymore than what you just said though.
Posted By: TxTall1

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 03:10 AM

Dang, not again
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 03:01 PM

Read the "Catastrophic Failure" thread on this board for the details...
Ron
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 03:49 PM

Anyone have the total count there? It seems like I hear of lots of incidents at that range
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 03:55 PM

Because news reporters like to live in frisco

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/12/15 07:20 PM

I was there this morning shooting. I'm a member, its a really nice club BUT, some of the "employees" have started to get the "I was in the military or LE and I know way more than you about everything". Especially this one guy who I guess got fired from Cabelas because he is the one who "big timed" me there on optics.

The "RO's" were allot more visible than usual. Their stock of products is kinda weak, most of the rental guns were in the shop for repairs...It just has the feel of not being very prosperous. They have a wall of "expensive" shotguns which never sell because no one wants them. You can tell the money people who set it all up were not "gun guys". Trying to be something their not.
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/13/15 03:13 AM

heard the call while i was at central station in Frisco, must have been some kind of injury, although i didn't see anything in that thread.
Posted By: charlesb

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/13/15 12:36 PM

Sounds like a good place to stay away from.
Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/14/15 04:10 PM

you gotta watch it, i got muzzle swept at least a dozen times last time i was there.
Posted By: Dien

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/14/15 04:28 PM

I travel far to shoot. I only visit the yuppie places to test something real fast during lunch. And that's once or twice a year.
Posted By: GasGuzzler

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/15/15 02:15 AM

Can't tell how much powder I've burned, never been to an indoor range for this reason and likely never will. I don't go to commercial outdoor ranges either.....both because I trust no one and because there are none close that I know of. I'd rather be away from large groups of weekend warriors and richie hobbyists than near them.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/15/15 02:32 AM

Public ranges bite a$$.
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/15/15 03:03 AM

When I first moved to Tucson I joined a range, and I really hated going there. I now drive the extra amount of time and shoot in the middle of the desert. I miss the old home farm in WV where we could shoot in the back yard, off the back porch, neighbors place, etc.
Posted By: Tommy1957

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/28/15 11:38 AM

Dont go on Saturdays...Its like opening day at the State Fair. Its a nut fest!
Posted By: 10ring

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/28/15 12:11 PM

Dropped a magazine and a round went off??? I am very skeptical of that scenario happening.

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/28/15 10:29 PM

I'm jealous of all who have outdoor places to go shoot whatever you want at whatever you want.

Just clean your Chit up!!! I Know many who leave these lands littered with glass, cans, washing machines, brass, hulls and any piece of crap you can drag out there to shoot at...you guilty ones, shame on you. You not guilty ones God bless you!!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/28/15 11:44 PM

I was there Saturday with a friend who is a member. I shot pistol and rifle and didn't have any problems. I really wasn't impressed and wouldn't go there even if I lived in the area.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/29/15 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: 10ring
Dropped a magazine and a round went off??? I am very skeptical of that scenario happening.

is a dropped round discharging dangerous? I thought it was like throwing a round in the fire, powder will explode, but bullet won't have any velocity because there is no barrel to contain and direct the pressure?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Another A.D. at the Frisco Gun Club??? - 09/29/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Originally Posted By: 10ring

is a dropped round discharging dangerous? I thought it was like throwing a round in the fire, powder will explode, but bullet won't have any velocity because there is no barrel to contain and direct the pressure?

It's a one in million that the primer gets struck hard enough to ignite. Then it turns in to a grenade. Brass is more dangerous then the bullet
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum